• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

background

skip7

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

Is it safe to put that plastic printed (like fish tank ones but non-glossy) pet store background on the inside? as with it on the outside he can still see him self and attacks the glass and bobs his head like mad.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think if it's taped down nice it should be fine..

skip7

Bearded Dragon Egg
Cool I'll get some double sided tape so there is no tape he can try and ripe up and eat or get stuck on him.

skip7

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is alot happier with the background on the inside has not attacked the glass since the change.

2016-03-18 18.57.58.jpg

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Is it better to lay a background on the 3 out of 4 outward sides?

I have a back background but no sides.

I am wondering if it stresses him out?

I see him climb up on his hammock and watch the TV when it's on...but I don't want him to see his reflection and freak out.

So far no head Bob's or glass surfing, but I'd rather prevent if possible.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 55 gal and I have half of the end towards the tv so she can see out the back is covered and the other side covered.. She likes to watch tv and see what we are doing ..

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have a 55 gal and I have half of the end towards the tv so she can see out the back is covered and the other side covered.. She likes to watch tv and see what we are doing ..
I often catch my guy sitting on the hammock watching what I am up to; they are so inquisitive.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When you first move them in, I would cover 3 sides until they get comfortable. I don't have any of my sides covered anymore. All of mine seem to want to look out their "windows" and see what's going on around them.

@skip7 That background looks awesome!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When you first move them in, I would cover 3 sides until they get comfortable. I don't have any of my sides covered anymore. All of mine seem to want to look out their "windows" and see what's going on around them.

@skip7 That background looks awesome!
Yea I take Izzy's mesh tops off as she basks on her log and pokes her head up out of her tank and watches the tv/us/out the window. and when she is in her warm hide that side the background is just on the back half of that end so she can see what's going on while she naps :) Her cool hide is closed up so she can sleep good.

Latest posts