• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Background Wraps

Vic

Hatchling Dragon
Hi Everyone! Happy Holidays! Quick question, where do you get the tank wraps? Are they self sticking or do you have to tape them? We have a 40 gallon terrarium tank.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
some are self sticking some are not. you can google lizard tank décor (etc) some may go on the inside - some on the outside.

Reactions: Vic

Reload

Bearded Dragon Egg
Personally I didn't like the available subject (pictures) on the cling on backgrounds I could find. My other issue was that I wanted to cover three sides of my 40 gallon breeder tank. This meant I needed to order different sizes for the sides and then contend with whether or not the picture would blend continually around the sides.

I went online and found a high resolution picture of a background I liked and copied it on a thumb drive. Took it down to a local print shop and had them size it to the exact size I wanted then laminate it with a matte finish. (you do not want it shiny) I then bought some black foam poster board which can be found in school supplies of your local Walmart. While I used black you could use whatever color works for you. I cut it 1/8 inch wider in the width so that it wedges in very snug and stays with no tape. The laminated picture I tape to the back glass on the inside. You will want to do this first then place the foam poster board side panels in last.

I'm in the process of cleaning the tank at the moment but here's a picture. I'll try and remember to update it once I get everything back in.
20170115_151435_zpsxibwnlzl.jpg

Vic

Hatchling Dragon
Personally I didn't like the available subject (pictures) on the cling on backgrounds I could find. My other issue was that I wanted to cover three sides of my 40 gallon breeder tank. This meant I needed to order different sizes for the sides and then contend with whether or not the picture would blend continually around the sides.

I went online and found a high resolution picture of a background I liked and copied it on a thumb drive. Took it down to a local print shop and had them size it to the exact size I wanted then laminate it with a matte finish. (you do not want it shiny) I then bought some black foam poster board which can be found in school supplies of your local Walmart. While I used black you could use whatever color works for you. I cut it 1/8 inch wider in the width so that it wedges in very snug and stays with no tape. The laminated picture I tape to the back glass on the inside. You will want to do this first then place the foam poster board side panels in last.

I'm in the process of cleaning the tank at the moment but here's a picture. I'll try and remember to update it once I get everything back in.
20170115_151435_zpsxibwnlzl.jpg
That looks awesome! Do for see any issues with the laminated image and the heat.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reload

Bearded Dragon Egg
We've had it in place a few months and so far no issues. The laminate job I had done has an adhesive backing but I choose not to peel and stick it and used tape instead. Made sense not to attach anything permanently especially from a cleaning stand point though so far I have not had a need to remove it for cleaning.

If you do go this route call several different print shops and get an estimate. I found price varied greatly from shop to shop.

Latest posts