• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Babysitting female BD

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
I've been babysitting a female BD for 10 days. She eats like a hog anything you place in her dish. She's pooped 2x. The first time it was loose & watery but not like this one 1/2hour ago.
The owner said not to worry she poops like that. Her weight is 474grams. When I picked her up the tank didn't have UBV lighting. Of course the owner said "don't worry about it".
I'm saying this BD needs to see a vet quick. She's full of parasites. I know if I say she needs a vet you know what his reply will be.
He's not returning for another 6 days from his job. I have isolated my BDs from her. Don't want her to die on my watch. I would take her to a vet if he would pay. My vet charges $85 just to walk in then add blood test, fecal test, and anything else need = $350+
Here's a pic of her second poop.
She has all the proper lighting. I've had 2 BD's for two years and neither has had problems. But they have yearly checkups and I consider well taken care. Last visit doctor said it was nice to examine BD that were healthy. My male is close to 700grams, Female 460grams and vet said they are just big boned and very healthy.
Any thoughts on the poop.

Attachments

• poop2.jpg
    poop2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've been babysitting a female BD for 10 days. She eats like a hog anything you place in her dish. She's pooped 2x. The first time it was loose & watery but not like this one 1/2hour ago.
The owner said not to worry she poops like that. Her weight is 474grams. When I picked her up the tank didn't have UBV lighting. Of course the owner said "don't worry about it".
I'm saying this BD needs to see a vet quick. She's full of parasites. I know if I say she needs a vet you know what his reply will be.
He's not returning for another 6 days from his job. I have isolated my BDs from her. Don't want her to die on my watch. I would take her to a vet if he would pay. My vet charges $85 just to walk in then add blood test, fecal test, and anything else need = $350+
Here's a pic of her second poop.
She has all the proper lighting. I've had 2 BD's for two years and neither has had problems. But they have yearly checkups and I consider well taken care. Last visit doctor said it was nice to examine BD that were healthy. My male is close to 700grams, Female 460grams and vet said they are just big boned and very healthy.
Any thoughts on the poop.
Depends on diet- too much food w/ hydration like squash green pepper cucumber etc--- you said she has No uvb? This dragons days are numbered - dragons cannot live w/ out uvb

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
Depends on diet- too much food w/ hydration like squash green pepper cucumber etc--- you said she has No uvb? This dragons days are numbered - dragons cannot live w/ out uvb
She eats 10 - 15 roaches 2x per week. Other days veggies & greens.
she's (2) years old
Had UVB in the enclosure I have her in.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She eats 10 - 15 roaches 2x per week. Other days veggies & greens.
she's (2) years old
Had UVB in the enclosure I have her in.
The poop is very runny and could have parasites - w/ her having NO UVB in her owners care her days are numbered- dragons cannot survive w/ out UVB-- one day he will wake up to find she cannot move - as of this time shes getting UVB in your care but once she goes back to the owner its just a matter of time before the dragon is dead -- in other words shes gonna suffer --- this is a MUST -- the owner sounds irresponsible

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
The poop is very runny and could have parasites - w/ her having NO UVB in her owners care her days are numbered- dragons cannot survive w/ out UVB-- one day he will wake up to find she cannot move - as of this time shes getting UVB in your care but once she goes back to the owner its just a matter of time before the dragon is dead -- in other words shes gonna suffer --- this is a MUST -- the owner sounds irresponsible
Thanks, I'll relay the message if she's not dead in 6 days.

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
Update on the dragon please
I hope she's still alive... relayed the message but the guy thinks he knows more than anyone else.
Haven't spoken to him since I returned the BD. Asked if he wanted to let me adopt,
of course said no. I'm going to give him a call. You have me curious.
Let u know later...

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
I hope she's still alive... relayed the message but the guy thinks he knows more than anyone else.
Haven't spoken to him since I returned the BD. Asked if he wanted to let me adopt,
of course said no. I'm going to give him a call. You have me curious.
Let u know later...
Called last night... ALIVE but still no UVB light.
Didn't waste my breath about the light.
He said he couldn't tell if her stool was liquid because she poops in the water bowl.
WHAT A BOZO!!!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Called last night... ALIVE but still no UVB light.
Didn't waste my breath about the light.
He said he couldn't tell if her stool was liquid because she poops in the water bowl.
WHAT A BOZO!!!!
Sad the dragon will pass and die a horrible death

Latest posts