• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardy help!

Abi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,

I have a beautiful little beardie called hecate. She is 6 months old but causing me a lot of stress. At 4 months old i took her to the vets, she was off her food sleeping all the time and just not doing much. They said she was completely health and most likely in a mild brumation, which I thought was odd. I took her to the vets multiple times during this period as she was still barely eating, she slowly picked up back to normal. She is only 9 and a half inches long which is small for her age. Over the last week I have encouraged her to eat but seems scared of everything apart from waxworms and doesn't eat much and isn't pooing every 2 days like normal. Do not think she is compacted just think issues due to the lack of food. Most of the time she has stress marks and has become extremely skittish. I covered her cage up just incase she is over stimulated. She also has a patch on her nose which is darker and stands out more than I remember. Taking her to the vets today but wondered if you had any advice also.

Her basking spot is 42degress cold side 29 degrees. Ubv light was changed 2 months ago.

Attachments

• 20211216_150708.jpg
    20211216_150708.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 20211212_135954.jpg
    20211212_135954.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_photo1638102479372_6870699781640624518.jpeg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_photo1638102479372_6870699781640624518.jpeg
    456.4 KB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all,

I have a beautiful little beardie called hecate. She is 6 months old but causing me a lot of stress. At 4 months old i took her to the vets, she was off her food sleeping all the time and just not doing much. They said she was completely health and most likely in a mild brumation, which I thought was odd. I took her to the vets multiple times during this period as she was still barely eating, she slowly picked up back to normal. She is only 9 and a half inches long which is small for her age. Over the last week I have encouraged her to eat but seems scared of everything apart from waxworms and doesn't eat much and isn't pooing every 2 days like normal. Do not think she is compacted just think issues due to the lack of food. Most of the time she has stress marks and has become extremely skittish. I covered her cage up just incase she is over stimulated. She also has a patch on her nose which is darker and stands out more than I remember. Taking her to the vets today but wondered if you had any advice also.

Her basking spot is 42degress cold side 29 degrees. Ubv light was changed 2 months ago.
Please get rid of the red light bulb your dragon needs a CLEAR bright white basking bulb NO colored bulbs this is why she is not eating--- colored bulbs are harmful to the eyes and DO NOT start the digestion process --- please get rid of it!! Here is a example of what I am talking about https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...terra-intense-basking-spot-light-5058890.html you can get these or similar to on Amazon --- NO DAY TIME BULBS they have a neoydimum coating on them that is also harmful to the eyes -- NO Infrared they are colored as well -- Arcadias are good as long as they are CLEAR you want to mimic the sun NO off white NO yellowish bulbs
Make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get the basking temps -- you can start w/ a 100 watt but you must have the probe placed on the spot where she basks wait 10 min or so then look at the temp -- if shes 6 months try a temp of 95-100 --- your UVB is what brand and bulb please ? Does your UVB have a reflector on it? If not you need to get one they reflect the rays downward to the dragon--- the basking temps and the UVB are the MOST important things in the tank ---------- Does your tank have ventilation? I see the top is covered up and only one vent-- I see only the stick on for temps --- those are inaccurate and give only ambient temps /air you need a digital probe for the most accurate IR guns are good but do not read off of hammocks -- the lighting needs to be corrected in the tank --- I am not sure about the nose as I cannot see it please get a better pic I am wondering if its shed -- the vet should of asked about basking temps and UVB -- please get the basking bulb corrected ASAP and tell me what the UVB is please --- long tube UVB's have certain placement and distance --this too is crucial

Latest posts