• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

baby beardie wont eat!! help!!

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hey guys n girls,
i have a 3 month old beardie called zuko n he/she will NOT eat!!
i have tried everythink, i had him in with my other baby beardie (spyro)
n he wasnt eatin n was told to seperate them ASAP so thats what we did, hes been in his new tank for about a month now n he never eats off of his own back, he will eat the odd wax worm maybe 1 every 2 days if were lucky, but ive had to hand feed him otherwise we wud have lost him by now!!
weve tried locusts, dry formula, worms, crickets salads...i am at my witts end here, also, he hasnt shed since weve had him, even tho i bathe him once a week..

any advice or pointers wud be greatly appreciated!

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
His tank has got all the normal stuff, log, paper bags as substrate with a little sand for him to dig, the temp in the hot ennd is 35 in the cold end its 25 but its only a 3ft tank.

KrisWithaK1225

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
When was the last time that you changed the uvb bulb? And if I were you, I would take out the sand. Beardies don't need to dig, so it's not really necessary to include sand.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
when you say hand feed it do you mean force feeding?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try some fruit "Non Acidic" or get a couple jars of Gerber Baby Food. Sounds crazy but the baby food was a Vet recommended tip that actually worked 4 one of my beardies. The baby food has a lot vitamins & a variety of flavors for cheap. Also, use a rubber baby spoon so it doesn't hurt itself while eating. He might REALLY like it.

Latest posts