• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardie with a messed up tail

GODZILLAthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello
A few weeks ago I got a baby bearded dragon! Unfortunately my cat got into his cage and tried to get him out. Luckily I came back in time but after a week or two I noticed his tail has a little piece of it hanging off. Also he has been very dark, more skittish and stressed. Please leave suggestions on how to cheer him up and what’s wrong with his tail.

Attachments

• 7A44A07F-8EC3-4CC5-B31D-ED05FB17A2DC.jpeg
    7A44A07F-8EC3-4CC5-B31D-ED05FB17A2DC.jpeg
    478 KB · Views: 21
  • 858B7535-8935-4C48-9DCB-C9F02C1C0B64.jpeg
    858B7535-8935-4C48-9DCB-C9F02C1C0B64.jpeg
    742.8 KB · Views: 21

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Is it shed or part of the actual tail? If the cat attacked him, you'll want to get him to the vet to get checked for infection and possibly have it removed/fixed. Can you possibly get a close-up of the tail in good lighting?

GODZILLAthebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it shed or part of the actual tail? If the cat attacked him, you'll want to get him to the vet to get checked for infection and possibly have it removed/fixed. Can you possibly get a close-up of the tail in good lighting?
I will try to get a good photo. I ordered a new uvb light. I am applying honey daily and gonna soak the tail in bio dean and apply neosporen. I can’t afford a vet right now.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi! From your photos I can see that she recently went through a shed because theres still some bits coming off of her. Her tail could be from retained shed. That is basically when shed skin doesn't remove but they keep growing causing them to cut off circulation to that part of the body. Sadly because her tail is black that sadly means that the end of her tail is dead and will probably fall off eventually. Don't be upset it has happened many times with beardies, they grow so fast its hard to keep track and its common for this to happen to the end of their tail because its so thin and hard to reach for them. I suggest, whenever he starts to shed, that you give him daily baths until he finishes shedding. Its less stress on him and will make the shed skin come off much more easier. besides that babies should get baths at least 3 times a week just to make sure that he is staying hydrated as well. Hope I was able to help.

Latest posts