• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardie tummy troubles

alicesfalling

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey all, I started feeding my baby bearded dragon superworms day before yesterday and she loves them, more than the crickets, I fed some crickets and some superworms yesterday morning, and she ate 13 superworms covered in calcium last night. This morning I turned her light on and she was resting in her usual spot on her stick. I leave the room and come back and it looks like she threw up a large pile of undigested superworms. She was lying flat on her belly next to them. I got her to drink a little water then she moved to her rock in the corner and is still flat on her belly, like she doesn't want to move. Also half of her tail has been darker/black since last night. Help??!!

alicesfalling

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Pics

Attachments

• AB6C2649-7ECA-4779-AC1E-4A009B5DB792.jpeg
    AB6C2649-7ECA-4779-AC1E-4A009B5DB792.jpeg
    812.7 KB · Views: 21
  • CEE079B2-6F7B-49D0-8005-3BB5E75697FE.jpeg
    CEE079B2-6F7B-49D0-8005-3BB5E75697FE.jpeg
    838.8 KB · Views: 21
  • A3684303-07C8-4980-BA38-7AF245D0B2EA.jpeg
    A3684303-07C8-4980-BA38-7AF245D0B2EA.jpeg
    853 KB · Views: 20

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
Hey all, I started feeding my baby bearded dragon superworms day before yesterday and she loves them, more than the crickets, I fed some crickets and some superworms yesterday morning, and she ate 13 superworms covered in calcium last night. This morning I turned her light on and she was resting in her usual spot on her stick. I leave the room and come back and it looks like she threw up a large pile of undigested superworms. She was lying flat on her belly next to them. I got her to drink a little water then she moved to her rock in the corner and is still flat on her belly, like she doesn't want to move. Also half of her tail has been darker/black since last night. Help??!!
From what I know is that she's way too small to be eating superworms, especially 13 of them. They will regurgitate their food when they can't digest it or if they are too much. Another reason to that I'd guess would be because she did not have enough heat to digest them. I don't know about her laying still though, she could be getting ready to shed maybe. For now though, I would stick with crickets until she goes through a couple more sheds.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
small supers are ok, but she really shouldnt have full sized ones untill she is 1 year old, they are very fatty so too many will be difficult to digest. Lately my male has been staying on the same spot on his bridge for several days at a time, only coming down when he is hungry or when I tempt him with supers. This is down to his metabolism slowing down for the winter season, they do this instead of brumating when they are young. Im not sure if this is the case with yours or not, but the first thing you need to do is check your bulbs (or replace if they have been in use for 6 months) and your temperatures. The exoterra stick on thermometer says 110 at that point on the glass(they are not very accurate tho), so maybe the actual basking temp is too high. This could be a reason why he is sticking to the floor, where it is cooler. You need an IR gun type thermometer so you can check the actual surface temperature of his basking spot.
A fecal test at your vets is probably a good idea to rule out parasites.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Likely too many for a small dragon and too many before lights out and not having enough time to bask. Check your temps and make sure they are all within where they should be.

Latest posts