• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Beardie shedding and not eating

acgraves122

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!

So I just got my first baby beardie a couple of days ago and yesterday he managed to eat a couple of crickets and some greens but he hasn't touched any food at all today. I did notice his back is shedding some so I tried soaking him for a bit (he hated it and kept climbing out) as well as misting him but still no appetite. Is this normal when a baby is shedding to just not want to eat? Where it's the first one I've owned it just concerns me and I'm kinda looking for some tips or reassurance. His temps and humidity are all fine and he loves basking it's what he does most of the day but the food thing worries me. I'll attach a picture of him to see if he looks okay.

Attachments

• merlin.jpg
    merlin.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
What I've found is when they shed they don't eat as much. When I first got mine she shed a lot and didn't eat much. They'll go through a stage where they will eat a lot, then shed, eat a lot, then shed. And it kinda goes on like that. Just make sure there is always food and water for him even though he's not eating as much. Hope this helps!