• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Beardie is Lethargic and Won't Eat

Ashytree

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my beardie at Christmas Eve and recently (within a few weeks now) had it to a vet about its eye. Its eye didn't shed all the way and I have been putting drops on it. For about a week now, it won't eat anything I put in the tank and only ate one meal worm yesterday. I am now really concerned because I can feel its actual spine now and it doesn't squirm when I hold it upside down on my palm without me even touching it. My beardie sleeps constantly and only moves to sleep again, not caring about the crickets and meal worms. Nothing about its habitat has changed since I first got it. Please help! I hate seeing Roo like this. :'(

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How old is it? What kind of lighting do you have? How hot is the basking area? Do you have A hide on both of the cool and warm ends? Heat lamp or ceramic lamp? When it was at the vet did you have a faecal test done?

Knoteb

Hatchling Dragon
I think you need to take it back to the vet. Being held upside down and not moving is a really bad sign. Sleeping a lot can mean nothing as the sometimes go into brumation. (It's kind of like hibernation for lizards.)
My beardie just had a troubled shed of his eye too. Patty recommended a nice shower under the hand held and he loved it! It seemed to provide some temporary comfort.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How are his temps? Can you post some pics of him and his enclosure? Have you identified a local reptile vet?

Latest posts