• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardie diet

cgagliardi8

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, so my baby beardie is doing really really well. My only question is I’ve been feeding him about 30-40 dubia roaches a day along with his greens but I really don’t want him to become overweight as he grows because he’s only 4 months. Can anyone help me out with a number I should be feeding him to keep him slim? I don’t want him to have any health issues in the future. Thanks :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, so my baby beardie is doing really really well. My only question is I’ve been feeding him about 30-40 dubia roaches a day along with his greens but I really don’t want him to become overweight as he grows because he’s only 4 months. Can anyone help me out with a number I should be feeding him to keep him slim? I don’t want him to have any health issues in the future. Thanks :)
Please get another staple feeder -- like BSFL www.symtonbsf.com order large and feed in small amounts at a time - if he really likes them he will gobble them down and they will come out undigested - I recommend 20-25 at a time on top of his salads --- dont dust them they are high in calcium- you can also add silk worms to his diet another good staple feeder - www.reptilianarts.com - the roaches your feeding should be appropriately sized if they are too small he will eat a lot of them --- please get the size no bigger than the space between his eyes - www.dubiaroaches.com has a size chart on their website and sell all kinds of different sizes-- if you feed the correct size for him he should eat around 10-15 at one feeding - roaches are filling -- a huge amount for a long time he can get gout - roaches will retain uric acid levels from protein and it gets passed on to the dragon - to avoid that small amounts of roaches w / a variety of staple insects --

Latest posts