• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby beardie developed curved spine!

Lennon23

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a four month old bearded dragon. Last week I took him into the vet because he had a sprained wrist. The vet said he looked healthy and his x ray was normal so she prescribed me Metacam for his wrist. Two days later, I noticed he was in a curved position, as I tried to straighten him out he wouldn’t. He is still active and eating great. He also uses the restroom twice a day.
He gets gut load dubias/crickets dusted with calcium, calcium D3, and multivitamin. I have the ReptiSun 10.0 T8 UVB and it is about 7 inches above him (no mesh or plastic blocking it) So everyone who I have asked said it can not be MBD.
Does anyone have an idea??

Attachments

• 0D72340B-B1E3-4060-8967-25CAB22BA61D.jpeg
    0D72340B-B1E3-4060-8967-25CAB22BA61D.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
  • ADEE64B6-ED12-4A3A-91B4-49083E40538B.jpeg
    ADEE64B6-ED12-4A3A-91B4-49083E40538B.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Possibly a genetic defect? Make sure it doesn't affect his quality of life and that he can move fairly normally.

cliffhangerreptiles

Bearded Dragon Egg
This happens as a result of the bearded drgaon leaning up against the glass for hours. Generally, it's more physical than genetic. Make sure they don't lean on the glass as much, it will reset slightly with time. But there isn't an easy fix.

I've seen this a few times. I try to make sure they aren't leaning. It's an issue not many people talk about. It shouldn't affect his health. He otherwise looks healthy.

Cheers,

LittleGodzilla

Hatchling Dragon
I have a four month old bearded dragon. Last week I took him into the vet because he had a sprained wrist. The vet said he looked healthy and his x ray was normal so she prescribed me Metacam for his wrist. Two days later, I noticed he was in a curved position, as I tried to straighten him out he wouldn’t. He is still active and eating great. He also uses the restroom twice a day.
He gets gut load dubias/crickets dusted with calcium, calcium D3, and multivitamin. I have the ReptiSun 10.0 T8 UVB and it is about 7 inches above him (no mesh or plastic blocking it) So everyone who I have asked said it can not be MBD.
Does anyone have an idea??
looks strange but as hooman slave said don't let that stop his quality of life

Latest posts