• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby bearded eyes closed sleeping during daytime

Trevor barcello

Hatchling Dragon
I got this baby 2 months ago on the 13th as a baby from lll reptiles. He's been fine this whole time just earlier I have him a warm bath that I do once a week. I gave him some flukers multivitamin during the bath it was my 2nd time trying it. For some reason I thought it was 2syringes instead of a couple drops. Most of it went into the bath but I still feel like I gave him way too much. When I just checked on him he seemed asleep with his eyes closed and he's been very lethargic.
He had some dubias about an hour before his bath? Is this normal? Maybe the vitamin got in his eye I tried to flush it out a bit?
1830370a10aada1576d22a630e30667c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would see how he is tomorrow maybe he's just tired.. if it continues then I would seek a vet..

Trevor barcello

Hatchling Dragon
Ok thank you.. I just got home and she seems a lot better. Both her eyes are a little swollen blue. I think it is just vitamin overload or something. She seems to be moving around a bit more I just picked her up and she's still pretty lethargic. When I pick her up she just lays flat like and won't move. But just earlier she actually jumped off my hand onto her basking spot so I feel she's getting better.

Trevor barcello

Hatchling Dragon
Both her eyes were open when I came home from work but I'll see how she is tmrw. They still have blue bags. I'm starting to think it was me giving her too much multivitamin.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Both her eyes were open when I came home from work but I'll see how she is tmrw. They still have blue bags. I'm starting to think it was me giving her too much multivitamin.

try and hydrate her to flush her system is she eating ok

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How is she doing now? It is possible she aspirated the fluid instead of swallowing it. Keep an eye out for lethargy, lots of saliva in the mouth, or a coughing sound. If she aspirated and didn't get the fluid out it could cause an RI that needs to be treated by a vet.

Latest posts