• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BABY BEARDED DRAGON NOT MOVING!

Bianca Jimenez

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello my brother got a bearded dragon for Christmas and he's been doing fine until now. The poor thing doesn't move and he just has his eyes closed. It almost looks like he's dying or he's really tired. The temperature in the tank is about 90 degrees and the humidity is about 30%. He still eats and lifts his head from time to time. He's started acting like this 2 days ago. Can someone tell me what's wrong with him?

Attachments

• IMG_4798.JPG
    IMG_4798.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_4799.JPG
    IMG_4799.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_4800.JPG
    IMG_4800.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 474

Bianca Jimenez

Bearded Dragon Egg
And also he doesn't bathe the dragon as often either. He doesn't gut load crickets either he just puts calcium powder on them. He's so irresponsible with his pet. I'm trying to figure your how to save the animal and then I'm gonna take the dragon into my own care becuase the poor animal is gonna end up dying.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Are you using small crickets, you must use small ones, this guy should be a bit bigger. He must also be fed greens, NO SPINACH! Mustard greens, collard greens, most IMPORTANTLY does this guy have a uvb bulb on him, there should be 2 separate lights on him or else he's gonna die, a 100 watt basking bulb with uva and a second light with a reptisun 10 desert bulb. If you get your crickets from a petsmart or petco they gutload there however, dusting with calcium is a must. Plz take care of this little guy. I've had mine for years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Bianca Jimenez

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah he has water in a dish in his tank. He also has two bulbs one purple blue one that he puts on in the night and one bright yellow one for the morining. I'm gonna be honest I don't know the names of the bulbs becuase the reptile isn't mine. He gets crickets from petco and he gets the small ones. Also I asked him if he fed him greens and he said that the little guy won't eat them so is there anyway we can get him to eat them?

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
The bulbs are wrong, no lights at night beardies sleep in the pitch dark, no clue what the yellow light is, needs "100 watt basking light most of them have uva, petco sells them and the uvb light. the uvb is critical! Is your brother young?

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
At this point the enclosure needs proper lighting you'll see a dramatic change once this is corrected

Bianca Jimenez

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was doing a bunch of research and now I'm going to the pet store to get the uvb bulb and many other things to get this little guy healthy again. And no my brother isn't young he's at a reasonable age to understand that animals aren't just toys. He's extremely irresponsible. I'm so irritated right now. I'm taking the dragon into my own care now to save it. I'll keep you updated on how it goes. Thanks so much!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
All I can say is: thank you so much! The uvb is gonna be expensive so don't be shocked (around $60) basking light around 10 bux. If they have this get it: baby bearded bites it's purple and smells sweet, really good for sick beardies, you should see a change, in a positive way within a week, keep us posted, you're doing a good thing! These guys are very sweet and gentle, they are not biters. Good luck, I'm gonna be thinking about this little guy, once you get the proper lighting, we can take it from there, I am hoping you got him/her in time.

Bianca Jimenez

Bearded Dragon Egg
Trust me I don't care how much it cost. I just need to get this little guy healthy! I'll definitely look for those treats! I hope I can get him healthy again!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I have hope that you did. Anything else I can do plz post, I'm surprised no one else has posted, there's alot of great and experienced dragon owners in this forum

Bianca Jimenez

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just came from the pet store. Got him the uvb light and basking light. I also found the treats you were talking about!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Mom has given lots of good info. The most important thing right now is the lighting. The dragon needs a basking temp of at least 107 degrees and a tube style 10.0 UVB bulb. No light at night. If the temp drops below 65 at night then use a CHE bulb. You will be surprised how the right lights and temps can change things around.

In my signature there are some helpful care info links.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Great set it up, it's said to have lights on 10-12 hrs and off for the same. Just remember as soon as you wake up in the morning turn on both lights I'm thinking that you should leave them on for 12 hrs until he/she gets better,he may not be hungry until he starts to feel better, but have those beardie bites available for him. For right now I'd take the water out of his enclosure, the humidity should really be around 19-20%.you can give him a nice warm bath (not hot) but on the warm side, he may drink that's a good thing. Bathe him in your bathroom sink he's to little for the tub. Has he pooped at all recently? I promise I'm asking for a reason.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
No kidding, you're never too old to learn something new, thanks

I was just telling someone on FB there is a very horrible graphic study done they used a dying dragon and blue dye and soaked him in it for a period of time and then cut it open. They found no water was absorbed through the vent. So things come out, nothing goes in!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
That is awful, I'm not naive, I'm aware of experiments done to animals, but crap that's a flippin fudged up experiment

Latest posts