• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

babies hatched early

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
Hi there
So here's small backstory. My female Bearded dragon lay 6 eggs. Unfortunately her oviduct burst and she have to get surgery ( removed loose eggs with oviduct)
I've decided to give a try and incubate her eggs. Bought Herp Nursary Incubator .. and all was fine till today. Something broke and temperature went up to 42'C . I've managed to removed eggs before they cooked . Two of hatchling managed to go burst through egg. They alive but their date was due 24Dec.
What now ? There's any chance for them to survive? For bow they alive. One of them sleeping but moving when touched. Second one opens eyes.

Attachments

• 20211118_172357.jpg
    20211118_172357.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20211118_160048.jpg
    20211118_160048.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20211118_172415.jpg
    20211118_172415.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20211118_172445.jpg
    20211118_172445.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there
So here's small backstory. My female Bearded dragon lay 6 eggs. Unfortunately her oviduct burst and she have to get surgery ( removed loose eggs with oviduct)
I've decided to give a try and incubate her eggs. Bought Herp Nursary Incubator .. and all was fine till today. Something broke and temperature went up to 42'C . I've managed to removed eggs before they cooked . Two of hatchling managed to go burst through egg. They alive but their date was due 24Dec.
What now ? There's any chance for them to survive? For bow they alive. One of them sleeping but moving when touched. Second one opens eyes.
I got some help from someone who used to breed them and this is what she said

how long they actually incubated and how long they were in when the temp. spiked. There's no way to say for sure if they'll live or not, just have to try + do the best you can. Set them up in a small/medium plastic tote with no loose substrate [ I think I see coco fiber in the pic, that has to go ] Paper towel and mist the babies twice a day with lukewarm water. They probably will not eat for at least 5-7 days but they can offer TINY slow moving insects in 2-3 days. Drop 1-2 insects near each baby on the floor without a bowl to start. They may be too unobservant for the bowl at first. Set them up like this at first, plastic tote [ paper towels rather than newspaper though ] not in a large tank . Lights can just be set on top.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/40059-2593152458-jpg.29889/full

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
They are hatching since 20/09 in 31'C .I left house for around 1h , so cant tell how long it was exactly on this temperature. Right now I've moved box into old vivarium with heating lamp just to keep 30'C . IWasn't even planning to put them there yet. Heating in Incubator went dead so that's making things more difficult.
They still are weak and sleeping.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are hatching since 20/09 in 31'C .I left house for around 1h , so cant tell how long it was exactly on this temperature. Right now I've moved box into old vivarium with heating lamp just to keep 30'C . IWasn't even planning to put them there yet. Heating in Incubator went dead so that's making things more difficult.
They still are weak and sleeping.
If they mean that they've been incubating since Sept. 20 then hatching now would be fine since it's been about 60 days. That's the average for hatching. The spike in temp. may have hurt them but the length of incubation itself was fine.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll watch them for now . Should I've put light and uvb on ?
Yes, set them up like I mentioned. They can only stay in the little hatch tray for a very short time. Make the hottest area about 90 and the cooler end around 82 for now until they [ hopefully ] become active. Then the basking area can be raised to 100 or a few degrees more.

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
Right. They get more active - one starts running abit . They moved to basking spot for around 40min.

Ridith

Hatchling Dragon
Got four hatchling, all looks healthy so far, got first meal yesterday

Attachments

• 20211119_094329.jpg
    20211119_094329.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20211119_094818.jpg
    20211119_094818.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Got four hatchling, all looks healthy so far, got first meal yesterday
Thats great ---- keep me posted on them so if you start having issues I can get the message to my go to person w/ more experienced than me ---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thats great ---- keep me posted on them so if you start having issues I can get the message to my go to person w/ more experienced than me ---
That's great, they were ready to hatch and so far they are doing well , hopefully they all stay healthy but it's great that they have already eaten ! They can put a shallow plastic lid near them to spray with lukewarm water , the babies may or may not drink.

Latest posts