• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aztec Quetzalcoatl Theme

Monkey Wrench

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I am trying to design my beardie 120g enclosure following a theme of the Aztec God Quetzalcoatl. The substrate will be sheets of tile with light sand between the tiles. I haven't decided on a background as of yet. However, I would like to follow this theme. My preference is to have the Aztec calendar on the ground in case the glue doesn't hold. I also am searching for a basking area that will compliment the theme.

Any ideas? Please share.
Aztec Theme 1.jpg
Aztec Theme 2.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I am trying to design my beardie 120g enclosure following a theme of the Aztec God Quetzalcoatl. The substrate will be sheets of tile with light sand between the tiles. I haven't decided on a background as of yet. However, I would like to follow this theme. My preference is to have the Aztec calendar on the ground in case the glue doesn't hold. I also am searching for a basking area that will compliment the theme.

Any ideas? Please share.
View attachment 33151View attachment 33152
That is a cute theme but you need decor your dragon is going to be able to climb on - I would use some NON adhesive shelf liner around the tile or under it for easier clean up - the sand is going to be hard to keep clean and will harbor bacteria -- I would not glue anything down - if you do if the dragon gets parasites you will not be able to fully sanitize the tank -- and parasites are hard to get rid of w/ out proper sanitizing - as far as ideas on this theme I have no idea - the decor pieces your showing are too small for him to get on - think big - if hes a baby he would be able to use this but as he grows not so much

Latest posts