• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Awesomest pet to own

Chad and Grayson

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm Chad and my 7 yr old son is Grayson. We got our beardy about a month ago. He was hatched June 20, 2016 so he (or she) is pretty much a teenager. As far as caged animals go, this is the coolest pet I've owned - hamsters, gerbils, Guinea pig, turtle, hermit crab, fish, birds, and a rabbit (not all currently). What other pet can you put on your shoulder and walk around the mall? Kind of reminds me of a pirate's parrot, only I wouldn't actually trust a bird to not fly off and not poop on your back.

Which is partly why we named him/her Captain. Also because all pirate captains have beards. Grayson said he likes the name because captains can be boys or girls and we're not sure yet. He extended the name to Captain Scaley Beard and the short name is Cappy.

I've been googling questions but often the best answers come from owners with experience. Glad to be part of this forum.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome to the forum Chad, Grayson and Captain :) We're happy to have you here!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome ! Do you have him on a leash when you are out walking? I would recommend one. If Cappy gets startled he may jump and run - better safe than sorry. They are super pets! Make sure he gets lots of vitamins and rest - exposure to "bugs" and the stress of lots of people and being outside his normal environment can have an impact on their health. Please - ask your questions !! Most of us are more than willing to share info

Chad and Grayson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Since it's winter, I actually haven't had him out of the house yet. I do walk around the house with him quite a bit without a leash. He doesn't seem to mind. He's only jumped off my shoulder when I sit back on the couch and he wants to climb the cushions behind me.

I have a leash and will use it when I eventually go outside or out and about. It's hard to get his toes through the holes. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to beardies!! They are really great critters thats for sure! Looking forward to pictures and seeing Cappy grow up. Feel free to take a look at the link below several of our comments as we've put together lots of info for new comers to help with any questions.

Latest posts