• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arm Issue or normal?

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
Hey guys I just noticed my bearded dragons arm looks alittle different then usual probably because he walks,eats, drinks normally and he hasn't had a major fall in months (he decided he didn't want to be on my body anymore) but I did a check and nothing out of the normal was wrong so I need yalls help
20210717_223259.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How old is the dragon? Whats the dragons diet? The only thing i can think of is gout, either from too much bugs and not enough veggies.

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
How old is the dragon? Whats the dragons diet? The only thing i can think of is gout, either from too much bugs and not enough veggies.
I got him back in March so maybe 5 to 6 months old and he eats alot of crickets but he eats a small bowl of collard greens a day

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am not sure whats going on -- keep an eye on it and if it starts to swell more it would be a good idea to take him in
www.arav.org what UVB are you using? NO coils please --- it makes a difference

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Well his other arm has it too just not as pronounced as this one so I don't know if it's a stage or what he is my first bearded Dragon lol
Im not an expert, but im thinking its gout :/ if i were you id get a second opinion from someone more experienced in this, gout can be treatable and even reversed if u catch it soon enough, id start with maybe giving him different bugs, crickets arnt the best of feeders, bsfl are good (dont dust them) roaches are probably best for overallness, he can eat mealworms/supers at the age he is, hornworms are great for hydration.

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
Im not an expert, but im thinking its gout :/ if i were you id get a second opinion from someone more experienced in this, gout can be treatable and even reversed if u catch it soon enough, id start with maybe giving him different bugs, crickets arnt the best of feeders, bsfl are good (dont dust them) roaches are probably best for overallness, he can eat mealworms/supers at the age he is, hornworms are great for hydration.
Alright thank you for the help and if he gets way to much worse I'll just take him to the vet see what they say but he's acting normal and showing no signs of pain

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Alright thank you for the help and if he gets way to much worse I'll just take him to the vet see what they say but he's acting normal and showing no signs of pain
Ok that is good --- if it was gout he would be in pain --- it is very painful --

Latest posts