• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are baths and misting required?

cody

Hatchling Dragon
I realized I kind of stopped giving baths and misting. He's shedding and eating good. Big healthy looking poop every day. When I feed collard greens I wash them and give them to him wile still wet. I figured Dexter would get sufficient hydration from wet collard greens and dubais. Should I still bathe him?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think bathing is good just to make sure they are clean. Sometimes they walk in their poop or their salad and get stuff up under their nails. Last week I thought Luci had yellow fungus and then realized that he laid on a gradual of bee pollen and it melted on his belly!

cody

Hatchling Dragon
Ya he just doesn't really fit in any of my Tupperwares anymore and I know people give baths in a shower, but with my OCD I haven't really wanted to put Dexter in the shower cause of shower products mixing with the water. I love how he eats wet greens tho.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
One of the other members uses two larger containers for baths. One container gets pooped in and the the other container is used for the actual bath.

I give you kudos for having OCD and a bearded dragon. I don't know if I would be able to cope with it all.

cbgarner2002

Bearded Dragon Egg
I didn't want to start a whole new topic for one little question so I figured I would just ask it here. Do I need to be de-chlorinating the bath water? I have been because I'm so used to doing so for anything with my fish and frog but if it won't hurt my beardie I won't bother with it. I just didn't want to hurt her with chlorinated water...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't de-chlorinate the bath water. It would take too much product since Dexter poops in her bath water first and I have to drain it and refill it. I do use de-chlorinated water or spring water in the mist bottles and their water bowl if I give them one.

Latest posts