• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any tips?

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
So I finally put substrate in embers cage he doesn’t seem to really care for it at least for now it is day one so it’s too early to tell. I just wanted to see if this was a good set up also for reference he is about 15 inches long and he’s around 7 months old. He doesn’t seem interested in eating it at all! And does anyone have recommendations for clean up cus idk how to clean the poop from the substrate… any advice is appreciated temps are all the same and he does have a thermometer it’s just not in the cage rn

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
So I finally put substrate in embers cage he doesn’t seem to really care for it at least for now it is day one so it’s too early to tell. I just wanted to see if this was a good set up also for reference he is about 15 inches long and he’s around 7 months old. He doesn’t seem interested in eating it at all! And does anyone have recommendations for clean up cus idk how to clean the poop from the substrate… any advice is appreciated temps are all the same and he does have a thermometer it’s just not in the cage rn
IMG_0038.jpeg
IMG_0038.jpeg

Forgot to attach the image lol

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You need to get a digital probe thermometer on the rock under the basking bulb - is it slate they get very hot-- as far as cleaning the substrate I am not familiar w/ what it is --- I personally do not have anything loose in my tanks - loose stuff like sand etc harbor bacteria and are hard to keep clean - dragons like floor space and he doesnt have any -- I dont mean to be critical or mean I am just saying - I would take out some of the stuff you have in there - for a 7 month old dragon he should be eating quite a bit -- what is the UVB a T 8 or a T 5 --- ?

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
You need to get a digital probe thermometer on the rock under the basking bulb - is it slate they get very hot-- as far as cleaning the substrate I am not familiar w/ what it is --- I personally do not have anything loose in my tanks - loose stuff like sand etc harbor bacteria and are hard to keep clean - dragons like floor space and he doesnt have any -- I dont mean to be critical or mean I am just saying - I would take out some of the stuff you have in there - for a 7 month old dragon he should be eating quite a bit -- what is the UVB a T 8 or a T 5 --- ?
I’ll definitely make some more floor space he is a climber so that’s why I put so much in there! It’s a T5 10.0 reptisun haven’t had a good experience with Arcadia. I have a probe and it stays around 104. And he eats a ton!!! Loves his bugs and veggies had great consistent bowl movements I wanted to give him something more to do and I noticed he likes to dig so substrate was the next step!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ll definitely make some more floor space he is a climber so that’s why I put so much in there! It’s a T5 10.0 reptisun haven’t had a good experience with Arcadia. I have a probe and it stays around 104. And he eats a ton!!! Loves his bugs and veggies had great consistent bowl movements I wanted to give him something more to do and I noticed he likes to dig so substrate was the next step!
Ok so the distance looks good - 12-15 inches - most young ones are climbers and jumpers - as they get older they tend to grow out of it tho and like the floor - does he bask under that 104 temp? or does he sit off to the side? 6 month and up usually like temps of 95-100

Trausch05

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so the distance looks good - 12-15 inches - most young ones are climbers and jumpers - as they get older they tend to grow out of it tho and like the floor - does he bask under that 104 temp? or does he sit off to the side? 6 month and up usually like temps of 95-100
He switches between chilling underneath it and next to it I do notice the occasional mouth opening to cool down when he is right underneath the light

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He switches between chilling underneath it and next to it I do notice the occasional mouth opening to cool down when he is right underneath the light
Ok so you might want to drop your temp to 95-100

Latest posts