• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

antique cage idea's needed

ilovelizards

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
antique/victorian cage idea's needed my next dragon will be going into our formal dinning room that leads to our antique dinning room.I was think of starting with some sort of antique furntiun.posable something of wood how do I keep the wood clean/sealed.Also what about lighting? so that I dosen't over heat or start a fire.

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i have a wooden cage i made and it is unsealed and the wood is easy to clean ((i have tile at the bottom)) but just add water to paper towel wipe and its clean idk how or y but it is clean. . . . :confused:

Polly

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My cage is is a converted china cabinet, so if you can find a cabinet with a glass front would be cool, and just cut out holes in the wood etc for lights and wires. If you got an awesome cabinet and decorated it right, you could make such an epic looking enclosure.
I think as long as the lamps aren't directly touching the wood you'll be fine in terms of fire hazards. Also mine has a metal tray that fits in the bottom to make it easy to clean.

ilovelizards

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My cage is is a converted china cabinet, so if you can find a cabinet with a glass front would be cool, and just cut out holes in the wood etc for lights and wires. If you got an awesome cabinet and decorated it right, you could make such an epic looking enclosure.
I think as long as the lamps aren't directly touching the wood you'll be fine in terms of fire hazards. Also mine has a metal tray that fits in the bottom to make it easy to clean.
that sounds cool&could you post pics of your cage please

Polly

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep will try do it tomorrow! (Just to warn you, it's not at all a flash enclosure, but you can see how it's been altered.

Latest posts