• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ant Infestation!

Emily

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Woke up this morning to a zillion ants in Diddy's cage and crawling all over him! I cleaned them all out and disinfected his cage and destroyed any ant trails leading in. Are sugar ants harmful to beardies? He seems fine but I'm worried if he may have eaten any. Their not tasty lol (got curious as a child...)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think they, themselves would be harmful if eaten, but what they have recently crawled through may possibly be, but unlikely.
Their not tasty lol (got curious as a child...)
I think we all had our tasting curiosity episodes of one sort or another, as youngsters. Still remember the Spam & Worm sandwich my older brother had me taste test - lol. Ptew-ptew-ptew

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think they, themselves would be harmful if eaten, but what they have recently crawled through may possibly be, but unlikely.I think we all had our tasting curiosity episodes of one sort or another, as youngsters. Still remember the Spam & Worm sandwich my older brother had me taste test - lol. Ptew-ptew-ptew
:confused: The worst I ever did as a kid was munched on a bit of dry dog food. Hope Diddy doesn't have little bites all over, you're lucky you caught the infestation in time.

Latest posts