• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

another substrate question!!

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So im here thinking about how to cut down how much substrate im throwing in my bin and was thinking slate and rocks from the beach when my misses asked" can we use aspen in the beardies vivs ?"

blazedragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i'd assume the op is talking about aspen chips. i would say there mayb an impaction danger there do to some the the chip sizes, there may also be other issues.
imho slate tiles/Non-adhesive vinyl shelf liner would be the way to go.. i did my enclosure for ~12$ with slate, 4x2x2 dimensions. only draw back to this is you may have to get your tiles cut. (check lowes/menards/local hardware stores for cutting options)

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi ive kinda gone with the Styrofoam idea ive been toying with. I can see issues arising from aspen. Thankyou blaze for your replys

Latest posts