• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another Substrate Question

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm tired of newspaper :( It makes Daryl's feet all black and it just doesn't look natural..
At the pet stores I go to they don't have repti-carpet for 55 gallon tanks so I can't buy those..
And I can't do tiles because I don't know how to do it :(
Can you use towels as a substrate? (I probably wouldn't use it but I need ideas) and the glass at the bottom of the tank shouldn't be that nice to bearded dragon feet..
Any ideas?
Calci-sand causes too many problems to beardies and the person cleaning, and I'm sure Snake bedding isn't good for them either of they eat it.. Any ideas?

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
I also have a 55 gallon tank so I bought a repti carpet for a 75 gallon tank (its the right length, just too wide) so I trimmed it down to a perfect fit. :) You can also use paper towels.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Butcher Paper, Non-adhesive shelf liner, Vinyl deck flooring, etc. There are many other choices. Towels would be difficult for waste pick up & depending on the type of material, the loops would catch the claws.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Paper towels is what I use for my babies. It seems to work pretty good and is easy to clean up and switch out.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Aright thank you very much for all your help; I'm going to stick to newspaper and the moment i get enough money i'm going to go out and buy some carpeting :D