• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Angry beardie!

Dartylove

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, my hubby and I spent a lot of time building a new enclosure for our baby, Dart. She was originally in a small glass tank, and she is now in a 2ft. By 4ft. wooden enclosure. She has so much more room now and I thought she would be much happier. That is not the case.... she seems very angry and she even bit me in the lip... This makes me very sad, her and I had a great relationship before her move into the new enclosure and now it seems she doesn't want anything to do with anyone. Does anyone know why this is happening? I added a 24' uvb/uva lamp in addition to the 36' tube lamp i already had. I also added an additional heat lamp, so she has 2 100 watt heat bulbs on her hot side. I really hope this passes.

Attachments

• 20200811_193035.jpg
    20200811_193035.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200810_205958.jpg
    20200810_205958.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, my hubby and I spent a lot of time building a new enclosure for our baby, Dart. She was originally in a small glass tank, and she is now in a 2ft. By 4ft. wooden enclosure. She has so much more room now and I thought she would be much happier. That is not the case.... she seems very angry and she even bit me in the lip... This makes me very sad, her and I had a great relationship before her move into the new enclosure and now it seems she doesn't want anything to do with anyone. Does anyone know why this is happening? I added a 24' uvb/uva lamp in addition to the 36' tube lamp i already had. I also added an additional heat lamp, so she has 2 100 watt heat bulbs on her hot side. I really hope this passes.
Your tank is too hot w/ 2 100 watt heat lamps --- how are you taking basking temps? They should be 105-110 for a baby -- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate ---and you only need one good UVB preferably a 24" fixture inside the tank w/ basking decor piece directly underneath --

Dartylove

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your tank is too hot w/ 2 100 watt heat lamps --- how are you taking basking temps? They should be 105-110 for a baby -- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate ---and you only need one good UVB preferably a 24" fixture inside the tank w/ basking decor piece directly underneath --
So, we have a probe thermometer that reads from 95-105, and she never leaves the hot side. I currently have the two uvb/uva simply because I don't have it mounted inside yet so I wanted to make sure there was no chance she wasn't getting enough. She also has not pooed in the last 4 days. I have given her a warm bath and some apple sauce in hopes that she would poop, but nada.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, we have a probe thermometer that reads from 95-105, and she never leaves the hot side. I currently have the two uvb/uva simply because I don't have it mounted inside yet so I wanted to make sure there was no chance she wasn't getting enough. She also has not pooed in the last 4 days. I have given her a warm bath and some apple sauce in hopes that she would poop, but nada.
How old is Dart? If she is under a year try raising the basking temps up -- she will eventually go to the bathroom - unsweetened applesauce baby prunes or try and warm bath -- message her tummy that will stimulate some movement there -- shes going thru relocation stress since you have moved her -- let her get used to her surroundings -- it is not unusual for them to go long periods of not going especially w/ older dragons - babies can get impacted do you have her on loose substrate?

Dartylove

Bearded Dragon Egg
How old is Dart? If she is under a year try raising the basking temps up -- she will eventually go to the bathroom - unsweetened applesauce baby prunes or try and warm bath -- message her tummy that will stimulate some movement there -- shes going thru relocation stress since you have moved her -- let her get used to her surroundings -- it is not unusual for them to go long periods of not going especially w/ older dragons - babies can get impacted do you have her on loose substrate?
So I took her put when I got home from work and gave her some sun time outside. I rubbed her belly while we were out there, and when I put her back in her enclosure I guided her to the highest point on her tree. She sat the for a bit and jumped down to her log, and layer the biggest poo I have ever seen! She seems to be in a much better mood and is even hanging out in the cool side of the enclosure. So happy Thank you for the advice!

Attachments

• 15978802133834430925285300069418.jpg
    15978802133834430925285300069418.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I took her put when I got home from work and gave her some sun time outside. I rubbed her belly while we were out there, and when I put her back in her enclosure I guided her to the highest point on her tree. She sat the for a bit and jumped down to her log, and layer the biggest poo I have ever seen! She seems to be in a much better mood and is even hanging out in the cool side of the enclosure. So happy Thank you for the advice!
Sounds good --

Latest posts