• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Allie's stuffed up nostril

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
is concerning me. Her throat appears to be clear, but her sinuses are clogged. One nostril breathing. Is there something I can do for her to clear her sinuses up? I thought about using saline solution nasal spray. What do you all think?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, her sinus ducts arent actually connected to her nostril opening (Like with humans). They open into the choana. Behind the tongue you will see a opening. This is called the glottis opening. This is where she breaths from. She closes it when she is drinks or eats. The sinus ducts connects from the eye to the nasal cavity which drains into the choana.

If she has mucous coming out of her nostril she needs to be seen by a vet so he can clean out the choana. Then figure out what is causing this.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks @gilliesexotics. Learned something new! The temps are too cold for her to be seen by the vet. 22-28 degrees (Outside of the house). She's got another appt for 13th to check out her stitches from her surgery. She hasn't got any mucous coming out from her nostril.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
Sounds kinda weird but during my trips to the vet with Banyon, I'd put him on my chest, on the outside of my shirt then layer on my jackets and coat. I was mindful not to squish his tail when I put my seatbelt on driving. He was snug as a bug the whole trip there.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol. Riding shotgun is their favorite thing to do when they're well.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gillies said it might be her glottis closing off whenever she eats and drinks. No sign of shedding. She was scratching her nostrils against the hide hut.

Latest posts