• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Alfalfa meal substrate

belialsson

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am currenently using alfalfa meal substrate until i can get tiles this weekend is there any issues with this i should be aware of?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Impaction from ingestion and the holding of bacteria are two I can think of. Glad you are switching soon.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'd switch it out right now. Use paper towel until you get the tiles. Accidental ingestion can happen at any time, especially because they are babies. Not worth the risk.

SxDx1986

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
alfalfas not as bad as people make it out to be as long as you "spot clean" like you should with any substrate and make sure your reps are getting greens and occasionally a bath tub soaking at least once a week along w a large water basin in their enclosure.alfalfa works wonders to keep odor down

Latest posts