• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ahh! Think I'm done with the MegaRay

tarichardi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So after getting a megaray MVB that blew after 2 days, I have a new one. I think it might be causing Horton some eye issues. He has been closing his eyes or squinting in his basking spot ALOT more than he ever had before. Yes, it is 12 inches away and the fixture is attached above the screen (not laying on the screen). My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I know I have read some things about problems with recent batches of megarays. He also seems somewhat more lazy/lathergic than usual, spending almost all day just basking.

With my prior BD, I loved the megaray. He seemed healthier, brighter and more energetic with the MR-MVB. But this time around, it seems to be making everything way more complex.

I took out the MVB tonight and put in a basking bulb. There is a 24 inch florescent bulb just for the sake of keeping the viv well lit. I have a fixture mounted for a heat emitter during winter that is not in use right now.

I'm thinking about leaving the basking buob in on the basking side (side with various platforms for basking) and putting the MVB on the cool side for UVB. He would be signifigantly further from the actual MVB bulb on that side. That way I could still make use of my $75 bulb or would problems just continue even at a greater distance?

Any other suggestions? Sorry, this post is kinda a ramble, but I'm frustrated and whant this resolved asap. We have a new baby due soon aband would really like to get all my 4 legged family taken care of beforethen. Thanks.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You should see 1 letter and 1 number on that bulb.. what are they ?
Problem bulbs were in the L series if I remember correctly.

Latest posts