• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Age of my beardie guesses?

BeardedArchi

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I got a bearded dragon today from a private seller. Seems very healthy. I thought he said it was around 4 months old but even common sense says it is much younger. I'm guessing a month old. Guesses?

Also I'm using just paper towels as a bottom substrate being so young. I have 2 hiding rocks one on each side of the aquarium with one side having the warming pad, a log and a basking pad. I also have a thermostat to keep it at a nice temp.

Anything I'm not thinking of?

This isn't the final enclosure of course. But just temporary spot until the bigger one is done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230622-094050~2.png
    Screenshot_20230622-094050~2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 6

BeardedArchi

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I got a bearded dragon today from a private seller. Seems very healthy. I thought he said it was around 4 months old but even common sense says it is much younger. I'm guessing a month old. Guesses?

Also I'm using just paper towels as a bottom substrate being so young. I have 2 hiding rocks one on each side of the aquarium with one side having the warming pad, a log and a basking pad. I also have a thermostat to keep it at a nice temp.

This isn't the final enclosure of course. But just temporary spot until the bigger one is done.

Attachments

• 709163629.jpg
    709163629.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3570.jpg
    IMG_3570.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 709174263.jpg
    709174263.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230622-094050~2.png
    Screenshot_20230622-094050~2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

To me he looks younger that 4 months old-- I am going to have someone else take a look - shes better w/ age than I -- please what kind of UVB are you using? No coil please --- I can help set you up w/ 3 good long tube fixtures this is extremely important--- make sure your getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110- No heat pads they can burn your dragons stomach - dragons heat from their backs--- No colored bulbs as well

BeardedArchi

Bearded Dragon Egg
To me he looks younger that 4 months old-- I am going to have someone else take a look - shes better w/ age than I -- please what kind of UVB are you using? No coil please --- I can help set you up w/ 3 good long tube fixtures this is extremely important--- make sure your getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110- No heat pads they can burn your dragons stomach - dragons heat from their backs--- No colored bulbs as well
The light I am borrowing temporarily is a

15 watt T8-BP tropical 25
Bulb says A32/20

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The light I am borrowing temporarily is a

15 watt T8-BP tropical 25
Bulb says A32/20
Ok if its a T 8 it needs to be inside the tank and you want to get a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 for a tank of 40 + gallons - the T 8 should be directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches and NOT over 6 months old and you dont want a tropical bulb and if its a BP brand I have not heard of that -- Reptisuns and Arcadia bulbs are the best on the market -- it will work but it is not as strong -- I heard back from the person I reached out to and she said this

It's about the size of an average 1 month old. It could be older and not fed well though, that can stunt them. An average 4 month old should be around 9-12 inches .

BeardedArchi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well let's do this. You obviously have raised them for a long time. Let's start with basics and pretend I don't know squat. I hate being a know it all person. What should I have as basics as far as everything including his diet. I won't take any chances. He deserves that and I can stop at the store tonight and make a run.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well let's do this. You obviously have raised them for a long time. Let's start with basics and pretend I don't know squat. I hate being a know it all person. What should I have as basics as far as everything including his diet. I won't take any chances. He deserves that and I can stop at the store tonight and make a run.
A good uvb- I can post links- a solid clear bright white basking bulb and 2 digital probe thermometers diet a staple insect like crickets dubia roaches bsfl or silk worms insects should be dusted 5 x per week one time per feeding- vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week one time per feeding - lightly coated--- fresh salads everyday

BeardedArchi

Bearded Dragon Egg
A good uvb- I can post links- a solid clear bright white basking bulb and 2 digital probe thermometers diet a staple insect like crickets dubia roaches bsfl or silk worms insects should be dusted 5 x per week one time per feeding- vitamins w beta carotene 2 x per week one time per feeding - lightly coated--- fresh salads everyday
Awesome post me some links if you have time please. Thank you so much!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Will do later today
For a 40 + gallon tank you can get one of these
24" fixture
this will come w/a 5.0 bulb you want a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...d-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5?variant=26907418591332
or this one from Pet Smart you want the 12% bulb 24 watt
https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/en...v-b-kit-65058.html?cgid=500114&fmethod=Browse
or this fixture you want the 2 ft or 24" - please change the bulb out to the Reptisun I posted above
https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster...mp.html?opts=eyJhdHRyaWJ1dGU5MDEiOiI2NjEwIn0=
when you get the UVB please post back on here and I can help you get it placed and distanced for the tank - your screen will determine where it needs to go

Latest posts