• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advise on New Build Viv

Pammy

Hatchling Dragon
Hi the other half has recently started a new viv for out 12 month Bearded dragon I just wanted a lil advise on whether you think it's suitable as he's in a 3ft at the moment n we decided a bigger one is better but for the shape and so I just want to be sure all is good for him...before we set it all up...
20160424_182548_001.jpg
20160428_163310.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You need to make sure there is plenty of ventilation. Also glass blocks out all UVB and if you have the tank set near a window it could also magnify the heat and cook your dragon. I would think about replacing the glass top with mesh.

Pammy

Hatchling Dragon
Hi Patsy thanks we've jst got vents ready to put in and the tank wont be placed near any window. I was also thinking the same with the top I had my doubts although its perspex I tld him to make it flat with mesh but as usual men don't listen lol. Thanx for advise I will get him to change top.

Latest posts