• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice

Fabio Cozzoli

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have a 2yr old Bearded Dragon, he's a red colour and is gorgeous when his colours come out fully!

I'd like a little advice really on the current lighting setup. I originally had a 36" Exo Terra 10.0 UVB tube, and a 36" Exo Terra 2.0 UVB tube, with a 100w Sun Glo for a spot.

I have since purchased a 36" Arcadia D3+ 12% UVB tube, to replace the Exo Terra 10.0.
The temperature in the basking are is around 32c, and the cool end around 28c. Is this ok, or should I remove one of the tubes to get a cooler gradient?
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0007 copy.JPG

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Is the black probe stuck to the back wall your basking measurement???

If so it needs to be directly under the basking spot to get an accurate measurement. Im guessing its a lot warmer than 32
The cool side is 100%

Also why do you have 2x linear tubes? Are both UVB?

Your viv is really beautifull and your dragon is gorgeous

Fabio Cozzoli

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi Guys, thanks for the responses. In reply to P, I have two tubes as the Vivarium was initially a Vivexotic full starter kit that came with the two tubes, canopy spot and shelves on the back wall. I've since made a few modifications to the Viv and and given the inside walls a paint (albeit a quick one!). Yes the probe is on the wall, but its giving an accurate reading as I regularly use a temp gun also.

Let me know what you all think.

IMG_0012 copy.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0017 copy.JPG

Fabio Cozzoli

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh and just in case anyone's curious as to what's in the Viv next to the Bearded Dragon, it's my Chinese Water Dragon. For anyone who's interested here's some photos of that, again, let me know what you think :)

IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 8

Fabio Cozzoli

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I think its awesome viv and top notch. Im not into the sand because of impaction thats it. But yours is truly is top notch :D

Thanks for the compliments guys, really appreciate them.

I was worried initially about impaction before I put the sand in.. but then I done a lot of research and found there was pretty much a 50/50 opinion on it.
I kind of wanted to make their enclosures as naturalistic as possible without huge expense, and in the wild these lizards live in sand/clay. Personally I hate the look of kitchen towel or reptile carpets that some keepers use. I use Exo Terra Desert Sand, and not had an issue yet (touch wood!) ;)

I have found the last few days, almost over a week my Beardie's been a lazy sod though.. do they tend to go into brumation/hibernation around this time of the year?

Mountain Bearded Dragons

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for the compliments guys, really appreciate them.

I was worried initially about impaction before I put the sand in.. but then I done a lot of research and found there was pretty much a 50/50 opinion on it.
I kind of wanted to make their enclosures as naturalistic as possible without huge expense, and in the wild these lizards live in sand/clay. Personally I hate the look of kitchen towel or reptile carpets that some keepers use. I use Exo Terra Desert Sand, and not had an issue yet (touch wood!) ;)

I have found the last few days, almost over a week my Beardie's been a lazy sod though.. do they tend to go into brumation/hibernation around this time of the year?
Well thats true it your opinon and it looks great and realistic too.

Latest posts