• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adventure dragon

Tatrtots9198

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my guy REALLY likes to explore. Like he's leaped off of me because he's decided that he really wants to check out the coffee table and such. I'd really like to give him the opportunity to explore my house but I'm so worried about him getting lost or hurt. I do also have a dog and cat but I could definitely lock them up to give him some time to run around.
So given this, has anyone tried anything like getting their dragon a giant hamster ball to roll around in? A friend jokingly suggested it but I'm not sure of what risks that could pose to him.
Thanks

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't know that a ball would be good in my opinion... I have a room that I've made dragon safe from escape, from getting stuck anywhere, can't eat anything..I have a rock mound set up and a basking lamp above it so when Izzy needs to warm up she goes there then once ready she's off again to explore... Once she's done I find her behind the desk asleep :) so I put her back into her tank... this way she is safe in the room from our cats and our dog..and she can run around to her little dragon's heart content... and I know she's safe in there to get some exercise.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've thought of the hamster ball too. There's too much of a risk of them getting hurt though because their nails would get stuck in the little holes.

I have two rooms in my house, my living room and dining room where there's no clutter and all the furniture is a few inches off the ground so I can see underneath and things are easily movable if someone decides to fall asleep under something.. Heat vents are covered and there are no holes in the wall that they can get get into. We are also hyper aware that there is a dragon loose so we make sure we pay attention to where we walk so we don't step on them.

The bedroom is off limits because we couldn't get them out from under the dresser or bed and the same with the kitchen .We don't want them crawling under the stove or behind the fridge.

Latest posts