• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adult bonding

mama

Hatchling Dragon
So when we acquire our first beardie it probably won't be a baby. I would like one that is sub-adult to adult+. My question is: would bonding with an adult be any different than bonding with a young BD?

Thank you!!!

I have my fingers crossed that it'll happen this weekend. It all depends on hubby ;-)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It depends on how well cared for the older Dragon was by it's previous owner. If it has been abused, it can sometimes take a long time to earn it's trust in humans. But time, persistence & a lot of TLC is usually the cure-all there & is so worth it in the end.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you get an adult I would get to know the last owner very well, or find out everything about his old home, what lighting was used, what he ate and everything you can think to ask.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If you get a baby you can make sure it's raised properly from the start and healthy.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you should defiantely get a baby so you can get the whole experience little ones are the best as when they get older they get they tend to get lazier when they are younger they are very good to watch and you get to see their personality and watch them grow day by day

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Then there is 'Adults are easier to care for & not as costly to feed' , There is Pro's & Cons to all. Rescues & Rehomers - need good homes too ...

Latest posts