• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

added to my viv

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
i added a platform for Misty today. it consists of 4 clay bricks and a slate tile, all the material are under $40. including the silicone caulking. i decided to make one because i dont think she is getting warm enough and she got to big for my last idea of getting her up closer to the light (the branch thing on a small overturned cricket keeper, she tipped the branch thing over twice so i built this.)
the substrate im using is a calcium substrate that is spherical. (have actually seen her dig a bit in it too, that and clean up of poo is a snap)

Before over view

before close up (What are you looking at?)

after close up

after over view

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks nice,

Are the thermometers that are showing in the pictures what you are measuring your temps with & where? What are you using for substrate?

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Its calcium sand Germ - i would recommend cheap, washed children's play sand. Any form of calcium sand will bind together when it comes into contact with moisture pending an impaction risk, children's play sand is so much better in the long run

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
no worries :) the word "calcium" jumped right out at me :L children's play sand is so much cheaper than calcium sand you buy at the pet store as well, and easy to keep clean (i sift mine with a fine net every now and then) Toys "R" Us normally stock large bags for around £3

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
might have to get some. and those are the ones im using but not while they are on the wall of the viv. ill take one of them off and set it where she sits, ill wait and then see what it gets up to. need to get a IR temp gun

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
An Temp Gun will do you no good to take accurate temps in that type of enclosure, because you have to move the lid & the lights to take the temp. For that type of enclosure, digital with a sensor is the only way to go.

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
ok, the analog thermometer is currently just set next to her. its at just over 100 degrees (39 degrees for the brit) ;) but since its slate and brink it will retain heat as well

Latest posts