• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a question i am curious 2 kno the answer of

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
last night 1 of my friends brought up the idea of how cool it wud be 2 own an albino beardie. 2 be honest, i had never thought of it, until he brought it up. i wuzn't sure if they even existed, looked up on a few different sites. 1 said they don't exist a couple said they do, but are very rare(which i kind of figured wud be the case)....also stating they don't live very long bcuz they have problems w/the correct amount of uv. so i wuz just curious if ne1 has ever heard of albino bearded dragons or possibly ever even seen 1. :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Never heard of one or seen one, but I would imagine they would exist. There are albino everything.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i would bet its possable, but maybe not much in the wild as their natural colors are whats best suited to where they live

albino is a genetic mutation correct?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Albino is a defect in an organisms gene pool causing a complete absence of melanin or an absence of pigmentation. The opposite of this would be melanistic where the organism would be Black.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have seen dragons that are white, not sure if they would be classified under albino. The breeder call the color snow. I'll see if I can find those pics......

Latest posts