• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A New Hammock Position

Ferne the Bearded Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently bought a hammock for my beardie, I read somewhere that the hammock should be on the other side away from the heat lamps, just wondering if this is true, and any advice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently bought a hammock for my beardie, I read somewhere that the hammock should be on the other side away from the heat lamps, just wondering if this is true, and any advice!
Ok so the hammock is fine for basking but those tend to cause nail injuries -- if you want a hammock please get a cloth one or a fleece one --www.etsy.com -- www.pamperedbeardies.com
Next please get rid of the red bulb those will cause all kinds of damage to the dragons eyes - they are very sensitive and need a solid clear bright white basking bulb -- examples are Flukers basking bulb NO daytime bulb at all -- Exo Terra Intense or a Arcadia halogen ---- you will need to get a digital probe thermometer to get accurate surface basking temps 105-110 for a baby or 95-100 for a dragon 6 months and up -the wattage of the bulb is going to be trial and error --- now the UVB does it have a reflector in the fixture -- what brand of UVB bulb are you using? It looks like a T 8 w/ the fatness of the bulb I am seeing? The heat emitter is good for temps at night if they are falling below 65 --- they are mainly used in the winter time -- next where is the ventilation on the tank? Your temps in the tank should be 80's cool side middle 90's and surface basking temps listed above for the age --- please get everything adjusted or your gonna have a sick dragon on your hands --- lighting and temps are crucial for the over all health and behavior of the dragon

Latest posts