• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a few questions...if you dont mind :)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Change the temp that I told you. Didn't realize he was 3. The temp on the basking spot should be about 100* give or take.

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
li said:
Change the temp that I told you. Didn't realize he was 3. The temp on the basking spot should be about 100* give or take.

no my freinds bd is 3, im not sure how old ours is?? :-\ i will quote now iv found it :D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
The site I have is for the US but you can still use it so you know what size crickets to buy when you get your beardie. Some of our UK people may be able to help you with finding crickets or roaches wholesale there.
http://www.ghann.com/store/store_sub.cfm?Category_ID=1

Seems locusts are the bug of choice for many of our UK friends. However, we all know that roaches are most def. the way to go! Right Sandra and Vesta! ;D

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes they are...in fact I just stepped on one outside last night and the dog ate one of those big palmetto bugs the other night ;D

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm totally on the roach boat as well ;D. My one girl Lyra barely touches crix anymore! she will literally watch them walk right past her and not care, but if I drop some roaches in there they go NUTS! they do love them. I cant wait until they are self sufficiently breeding, its a little expensive to get started up (I've spent over 100 bucks on the colony so far to get it started). but I mean, I spend 10 bucks a week on crickets as it is, so it will pay for itself in time :p

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi, hes about 6 mths i think....just getting a few pics together, hes home now, got the viv sorted out this am, i just dont know what to do..shall i just leave him to chill tonight, hes been basking and now at the front having a nosy,

the dog hasnt even noticed hes there ::) :D

the guy fed him this afternoon, and is waiting for a delivery of crix tomorrow am, but said he should be fine tonight with a few greens,

hes on the dining room table in full veiw of everyone and everything....im just unsure of what to do....if i have to do anything..??

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
also if you have hold of him, do you just let him chill with you??... do you think i just need to build up some confidence and know what he will do??

i love him already ;D ;D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd just let him be for the evening....and give him a good soak tomorrow. I also wouldn't feed him any bugs tonight as he probably won't eat....but offering some greens might not hurt. You could try a couple crix tomorrow, one at a time, just to see what he does. If he takes after them, offer him some more as his relocation stress might be at a minimum and acclimation won't be too bad.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If he has been feed today, then put him in his tank and just let him be. Make sure that your temps are good....for a 6 month old 105-110* tops is a good temp. That is what it should be where he is basking. The other side of the tank...about 85*. What size tank did you get? What uvb?

When you first start to hold him you need to be very careful. They can be very skittish at first, they can and will jump. What we used to do at first was go into the bathroom with Spyro. Shut the door. That was the safest place in the house. No place to get lost. We would sit on the floor with him and let him climb around the floor and on us. This way he would get used to us. Never hold him while standing at first. If he does jump from that level, it can be disastrous. As you, your son, and your beardie get used to each other, you can sit in larger spaces. Eventually he will be so used to you, you can hold him without the fear of him jumping.

Looking forward to seeing pics.

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks, i will just let him chill tonight, hes up at the front against the window, clawing at the glass....so not really chilling!! :D

i offered him some greens but not ate any, i was told he prob wouldnt, i didnt worry like this with either of my kids!!! :-\ :D

arrhh the bathroom is a good idea, as before when i was putting him in his tank he nearl jumped and scared the life out of me!!!!

its 3ft by something i will measure it proberly when i find a tape measure, but it looks big enough...and im thinking where to put it!!! :-\ ;D

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
K...did you get a digital thermometer? What is the temp on the basking spot?

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
looks like the guy packed everything apart from a thermometer!! doh!!! just sending text to oh to pick one up on his way home!!, he has a 100w bulb in there, and his lamp, he keeps basking then coming up to the window, is he to hot??

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Saw the pics. Saw a probe and assumed it was a digital. K, well if you don't have one, then ya you need to get one to check out the temps. A 100 watt bulb is pretty strong so you want to be sure you aren't getting it too hot. Put the probe right where he sits.

I also mentioned over on the picture thread, I was asking what the substrate was. Looks like a particle. Don't answer in both threads. If you answered me there already, I'll just go look.

Latest posts