• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

8 month old beardie not eating greens

Sebastian27

Bearded Dragon Egg
A few days ago, my 8 month old started barely been eating his greens. I usually feed him endive and sometimes kale and bok choy. Also, he has not had protein in about 5 days due to my order of crickets not coming in time. I just got the order today and he plowed through 45 large crickets but he still wouldn't touch his greens. He also has been spending most of his day sleeping in his hide or napping curled up in a shady spot of his tank.

I'm still new to having a bearded dragon so I would love to know: could this behavior be linked to brumating or is it something else?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Since he didn't have protein for so long and then ate a ton of crickets he's probably just trying to digest all of those crickets. He will most likely continue eating his green soon. How long has it been since he ate greens?

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Bearded dragon can become picky eaters what I would do is mix it up a lil more try adding some butternut squash, bell peppers, carrots and a lil blueberries to their salad to add some color to it that attracts them also sprinkle some bee pollen on the salad that intrigues them as well

Sebastian27

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay I wouldn't be too worried as long as he isn't acting lethargic.

what would you consider to be lethargic? Since we got him ,5 months ago, he has always spent most of his days standing on his basking rock and not doing to much else. He is usually alert and attentive and whenever the TV goes on, his eyes are glued to it.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A bearded dragon is lethargic when it is not holding its head up, sleeping a lot of the day, sitting in one spot a lot, acting very sluggish etc.

Latest posts