• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

50% Insects 50% Greens

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie is 12inches around 5-6 months. How do I know what 50% greens is? My beardie loves green beans and sweet potato. What would be 50% in beans and cubes of sweet potato. I don't want my lady to starve.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is 12inches around 5-6 months. How do I know what 50% greens is? My beardie loves green beans and sweet potato. What would be 50% in beans and cubes of sweet potato. I don't want my lady to starve.
Diet should be 80% insects since she is so young -- 20% greens --- please add other greens like collards turnips kale or mustard greens to the salads along w/ your green beans and sweet potato

Vanesssa

Hatchling Dragon
Diet should be 80% insects since she is so young -- 20% greens --- please add other greens like collards turnips kale or mustard greens to the salads along w/ your green beans and sweet potato
Right but how much should she be eating? What is 20% greens for that age? ie x amount spinach x amount beans.

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Hm-m-m. . . I see what you're saying. I'm thinking this us not an exact science. You figure out appx. how much your animal is going to eat, then because she's young, you should offer more insects, volume-wise, than greens. So, looking at the pile of food you think she'll eat, 80% of that pile should be insects

Latest posts