• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

40 gallon tank

yaya26

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
an someone please tell me the Measurements of a 40 Gallon tank? back when I use to buy tanks it said how many gallons it was on the tank, now they just have measurements and I am not sure 100 percent what it is.

36x18x18 how big is that? i have been hearing a few different things..

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
I just measured my tank, it is 36X18X17, so I'm assuming its a breeder tank..... Mr. Germ, is that a good size tank for most beardies for their whole life?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, that is consider a 40 Gal breeder tank. It is the minimum recommended size for an adult BD and they will live quite comfortably their whole lives in one. Bigger (More Floor Space) is always better. A 40 gal breeder has a 4.5 square foot 'Footprint' & is quite adequate, personally, my 3 are all in enclosures with a 6 square foot 'Footprint" or floor area (1x 90 Gal. & a 208 Gal homemade enclosure with a divider down the middle.

These aren't the Dragons that I have now, but these are the setups ...
SandSubstrate019.jpg

With Padded Vinyl Deck flooring floor substrate ...
2000KmMove006.jpg

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
I really like the logs you have in the tank on the top, do you have recommendations on where I could get logs like them? I really want a nice set up with similar basking areas for my baby :)

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
The ones I've seen are outrageously priced..I also live in california.. I think I'm going to try and find a local pet store and see what they have, or find some cool ones in the mountains when it warms up :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Pet store logs are generally outrageously priced :(. It's sad.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The big piece of actual driftwood, I got what I thought was really cheap for it's size. I have a feeling that they misquoted me the price, of $15, I jumped on it & that is what I paid. I got the other one on sale for half price, also for around $15, the were 29.99, regular. I really like them both, the plastic taller one is worn right smooth on top from use ;) .

Latest posts