• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

4 months and 15"!

JAKO91

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey there guys, i'm a new beardie owner, i only got my girl about a week ago and she is the best. I play with her all the time because i work from home, and she often will come and play on my desk and sit underneath my desk lamp while i work (it's luckily the right basking temp for her i have checked), and she is becoming quite tame and seems to enjoy playing with me and exploring my room.
I was just curious, apparently she is 4 months old according to the breeder, i measured her the other day, and from head to to tail-tip she measure's just under 15 inches. Is this abnormally large for a 4 month-old female? and am i going to have a monster on my hands? :)
Also, i ran out of crickets and i have a tub of morio worms a friend gave me, they're pretty large, about 4cm long. Would these be ok to feed her for her size?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Attachments

• IMG-20120321-00410.jpg
    IMG-20120321-00410.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 34

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
All the extended time that your BD spends outside her enclosure & even if the desk lamp is the right temp, it is being deprived of UVB. 15" at 4 months does seem rather large, if it is in fact only 4 months old. The Supers/Morio worms will be fine.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hey there guys, i'm a new beardie owner, i only got my girl about a week ago and she is the best. I play with her all the time because i work from home, and she often will come and play on my desk and sit underneath my desk lamp while i work (it's luckily the right basking temp for her i have checked), and she is becoming quite tame and seems to enjoy playing with me and exploring my room.
I was just curious, apparently she is 4 months old according to the breeder, i measured her the other day, and from head to to tail-tip she measure's just under 15 inches. Is this abnormally large for a 4 month-old female? and am i going to have a monster on my hands? :)
Also, i ran out of crickets and i have a tub of morio worms a friend gave me, they're pretty large, about 4cm long. Would these be ok to feed her for her size?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
Think they were positive on her age? That's HUGE :eek:! My guys prefer supers to crickets... or is it just that supers don't chirp and I like them better? Hah! Either way... they're good to gobble up but gut loaded crickets are supposed to be the healthier choice. Dose em with calcium prior to feeding them of course ;) . I think she's a big enough girl to handle almost any super!

bb66

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sounds huge for 4 months I think I would question the Breeders reported age. sounds like you have it out of the enclosure more than it's in during the day. isnt the best idea like has been said it isn't getting the uvb it needs then

JAKO91

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the help guys, i might give the breeder a call just to clarify her age then. I don't have her out of the viv all day, she'll come out for half hour to an hour maybe and then i'll put her back. But because my vivarium is on the floor, and has a sealed lid i just leave the sliding door ajar on the cooler side, and if she wants to nip out for a bit she will, but she'll always just go back inside if she needs uvb or to bask. she'll only come out for a few minutes anyway.
Is this ok to do? i just feel bad leaving her shut up in it all day otherwise. I like her to have the option to stretch her legs and have a scatter about if she wants.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the help guys, i might give the breeder a call just to clarify her age then. I don't have her out of the viv all day, she'll come out for half hour to an hour maybe and then i'll put her back. But because my vivarium is on the floor, and has a sealed lid i just leave the sliding door ajar on the cooler side, and if she wants to nip out for a bit she will, but she'll always just go back inside if she needs uvb or to bask. she'll only come out for a few minutes anyway.
Is this ok to do? i just feel bad leaving her shut up in it all day otherwise. I like her to have the option to stretch her legs and have a scatter about if she wants.
So long as there's no way for her to get ahold of strange bugs or small pieces of things she wouldn't be able to digest but could fit in her mouth. A controlled environment is usually best.

Latest posts