• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2nd full shed

ObiThaGod

Hatchling Dragon
Yoshi is starting his 2nd full body shed since I've gotten him, qyestion ..... He's shed 3 times in the 3 or 4 months I've owned him....not sure of age but this is his 2nd full shed and he partially shed head and tail and legs about a month ago....is it normal to shed this often? Is shedding correlating to growth?!

f9ed459cc4e4489151865f4718295433.jpg

8a51be5258d860e4dd0923eb8d8ba25a.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most likely this is just because he's actively growing right now.. It's interesting that he's shedding all together lol most of members dragons and mine shed legs then tail then back belly head all in pieces! lol His shed is really orange is he on some orange/red substrate? not seen it soo colorful..

ObiThaGod

Hatchling Dragon
Most likely this is just because he's actively growing right now.. It's interesting that he's shedding all together lol most of members dragons and mine shed legs then tail then back belly head all in pieces! lol His shed is really orange is he on some orange/red substrate? not seen it soo colorful..
Yea he's on orange sand.....havent been able to get around to swapping it out but it hasn't caused any problems outside of dying him orange lol

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ah that explains it then.. glad it's not caused any issues thus far..

Latest posts