• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

150 gal tank

Pat W.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and have a question for you all. I've got a 150 gal aquarium that I was going to use for fish but have decided that I'm going to get some dragons instead. My question is how many dragons could you put in it? Its 4' long x 3' wide x 3' tall. I think it will make a great enclosure but wanted your opinions. Thanks in advance

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep, they are solitary creatures. If you put 2 together one will dominate the other, taking all the best food, basking spots etc, meaning one will be in a constant state of stress. That size tank is enough for one adult sized dragon, its good, my vivs are 4x2x2

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The hard thing will be getting the UVB and heat all the way to the bottom where the dragon will be most of the time..
Yes they are solitary critters and need only you.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree, it is going to be difficult to heat right and get proper UVB coverage in a high tank. You could somehow make different levels and add UVB mid tank somehow but it's probably more cost efficient to buy a shorter tank.

Latest posts