• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

14 day babies

mellee70

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello,
I've had beardies from a few months old b4 but now I have 3 14 day old babies. 2 r taking silent crickets (only 1 or 2 each) but 1 is darker and thinner than the others. I am offering silent crickets and fruit/veggies. I don't know if its just his markings but he isn't always as dark as he is now. What is the best things I can give them to entice them to start eating properly. I'm really worried that they will starve b4 they eat regularly enough 2 b supported by this. Have them under a uv bulb and a infrared heat bulb. How many times a day should I be spritzing them with water to drink coz know they r extremely vulnerable to dehydration and finally r they ok just on the glass bottom of the tank, have given them half a cardboard egg box to go under or bask on. Have heat mat but don't use it as scared of burning them.
Thanks

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
try separating the small on at that age you do stand a chance of losing one.it sounds like everything you are doing is right try not tearing up the paper towels just lay it flat they will find food easer that way .give them a soak and don’t use the heat mat

mellee70

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry to be a pain but I'd rather ask than not know. One of the babies is only eating 2-3 small black crickets a day, is this enough for him to survive on while his appetite grows. The other babies are ok they eat well 2-3 3xday. He has always been the smallest so it may just be that he's a bit behind the others. Could the darkness of the small 1 be illness related? Also, is there a viable age that if they get that far they should be ok? & 1 last thing I've been feeding Brian, my 20weeker mini meal worms but this week when I went for his food they only had normal meal worms. I gave him 1 and when he pooped the inside of it was digested but the skin was whole and he had difficulty passing it. I'm nearly out of mini worms and the shop won't have more til nxt week so if I cat them in half will he be ok or should I just feed him mini crickets?
Thanks for your help.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
as long as he keeps eating more he should be ok ..the dark might be from stress..no real age more of how they are eating and acting...meal worms are no good feed crickets ..

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
meal worms shouldnt be fed just for that reason there shell is to hard to digest and can cause impactions. What are the the temps? Basking area should be 110, they need the heat to help digest food. Are you running a UVA/B bulb on them? They need UVB to absorb calcium.

Oh ya and welcome to the forum.

mellee70

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The babies tank is 105, I was scared to put it any higher incase I hurt them. The glass floor gets very hot and I dont want to burn them. As to the darker baby, if it is stress what can be done to alleviate it. I'll keep them on crickets til my local pet supplier gets more stocks of crickets. Are the mimi worms ok (for Brian) coz he hasn't had a problem digesting them and I don't know if I have enough crickets to do 3 babies and a 21weeker? The babies are in quits a small viv 14x14x14 but plan to move them all up a viv next week when I can get another thermostat and set of lights. Have a 4ftx18inchx15inch to move Brian (21wks) to when its set up properly, then the babies can move into his old tank which is 2ftx18inchx15inch. hoping the babes r ok as they are all alert looking and interested in whats going on outside their tank. I think if they wern't feeling well they wouldn't be so curious, at least I hope so. they have a UV bulb during the day and a red heat lamp at night. They all have good colour. Thanks again for your assistance and if I'm unsure of anything else I'll ask.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello & Welcome. Consider bulk purchases on feeders (not mealworms) since u have the extra appetites 2 deal with. UVA/UVB should be provided 4 your dragon. Use the infrared bulbs if the ambient temps get in the low 60's. Layer paper towels 2 cover the bottom of the enclosure 2 absorb the heat. Also, try and get the stressed dragon separated from the others & I'm sure u will see a difference in behavior. Housing them 2gether isn't a good idea.

mellee70

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry, another question. How often should I be dusting the bugs with nutrient powder for 1) 21weeker & 2) 17 dayers? Have been told once a week but want to check if its more or less often for young babies.
Thanx

Attachments

• IMAG0224.jpg
    IMAG0224.jpg
    786.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0223.jpg
    IMAG0223.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19

Latest posts