• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

120gal Upgrade - Not Yet Finished

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
7407946A-71E9-4293-BCEE-21FD01CC3012.jpeg

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys, we upgraded to a 4ftx2ftx2ft 120gal vivarium. We are yet to finish the decor (having more travertine tiles cut to size currently). Will be purchasing a few hides so we can remove the cardboard boxes. Have now also added a digital hygrometer.

The UVA heat bulb is a 150w on a thermostat (I have actually moved the probe a little bit away from directly under it now because the thermostat cuts out at 104 and Broly is 5 months so heat can be a little hotter than 104).

UVB is an Arcadia Pro T5 with reflector - 34”/39W 14%UVB (fitted at the top/front of the viv, to one side). This was recommended in store and from my online searches is good. What do you think?

I have 3 probe thermometers, cool side, middle and basking.

Broly seems to be adjusting well, however he’s been shedding so is slightly off his food and occasionally a little antisocial.

Any comments are welcome (please no shouty caps-locks!)

x

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thank you! He seems to enjoy sitting on top of the bridge when he wants to get a good view of us. I’ve noticed since he’s been shedding his face and legs he stays over in the warm end often but shields himself behind the log. I was wondering if possibly the upgrade of UVB to a longer / stronger one was a little strong for him to bask in or if he just fancies hiding a little because the shedding is making him moody.

Latest posts