• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

120 gallon tank lighting help

Rhaynes01

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently upgraded from 40 gallon tank to a 120 gallon tank. I need to assistance with the lighting. I have a mesh top. What size and type lights should be on the top?

Attachments

• IMG_3663.jpeg
    IMG_3663.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 79

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently upgraded from 40 gallon tank to a 120 gallon tank. I need to assistance with the lighting. I have a mesh top. What size and type lights should be on the top?
The uvb should be in the tank - either a 24" Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt- or a 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 bulb or a sunblaster nano tech 24" the bulb w/ this one needs to be replaced with the bulb posted above- 2 digital probe thermometers - basking bulb can sit on top of screen and your wattage will be determined by your probe thermometer - 95-100 surface basking temps--

Rhaynes01

Bearded Dragon Egg
The uvb should be in the tank - either a 24" Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt- or a 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 bulb or a sunblaster nano tech 24" the bulb w/ this one needs to be replaced with the bulb posted above- 2 digital probe thermometers - basking bulb can sit on top of screen and your wattage will be determined by your probe thermometer - 95-100 surface basking temps--
How do I hang the uvb in the inside of the tank?
I have more to decorate as you can tell. Is there a hammock that fits this size tank?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have more to decorate as you can tell. Is there a hammock that fits this size tank?
If you get a hammock please get a fleece or cloth - www.etsy.com www.pamperedbeardies.com they come w/ suction cups- the uvb you can use 3m Velcro fasteners- long plastic zip ties - I recommend picture hanging wire- it's bendable-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Jackie_NYC

Bearded Dragon Egg
The arcadia kit has 2 brackets. You can either screw them in to a mesh or just use little cable ties to attach it inside.

Laura818

Bearded Dragon Egg
The Repti Zoo fixture is ok I was looking for the size but the bulb is junk---- its not a good bulb- you need to get the Reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb I posted -- look at the 24" or 2 ft Sunblaster Nano Tech https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html this is a good fixture and reasonable - you want the 22" Reptisun 10.0 bulb --
How would you install this particular light on a mesh top 40 gallon tank. My beardie is 3 months old so she is still in a 40 gallon. I am currently using for light and heat and it's working fine.

Lamp Fixture Max 50W Dual Reptile Light Fixture with Two Independent Switches, UVB Reptile Light Fixture Dual Dome Lamp​

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How would you install this particular light on a mesh top 40 gallon tank. My beardie is 3 months old so she is still in a 40 gallon. I am currently using for light and heat and it's working fine.

Lamp Fixture Max 50W Dual Reptile Light Fixture with Two Independent Switches, UVB Reptile Light Fixture Dual Dome Lamp​

@Laura818 The coil UVB is not adequate -- Please get the long tube fixture I posted above - w/ the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a 24" Arcadia Pro T5 12% bulb 24 watt -- the dome your using now is fine for a regular basking bulb and a CHE which produces heat NO light--- this would be used for winter or to boost surface basking temps in the tank which should be 105-110 for a baby and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- if you need links for the UVBs please ask I will post them for you --- please post your own thread I thought I was posting to the original poster above Rhaynes01 -- so I dont get confused please start your own thread -- you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb example are Flukers basking ---- Exo Terra Intense -- or a Arcadia Halogen ------ we need to get your tank set up correctly for lighting you have a very young dragon and this all needs to be on par or he / she will get sick ---- all this is crucial --- the dome can stay on top of the screen but the UVB must be unobstructed meaning NO screen or in the tank

Samodo26

Bearded Dragon Egg
If you’re putting lights on top of mesh get Arcadia pro t5 14% uvb bulb if your mounting inside get 12%. For your basking lamp there are lots of options and wattage depends on how cold or hot it is where you live so let me know that and I can answer your question better

Laura818

Bearded Dragon Egg
@Laura818 The coil UVB is not adequate -- Please get the long tube fixture I posted above - w/ the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb or a 24" Arcadia Pro T5 12% bulb 24 watt -- the dome your using now is fine for a regular basking bulb and a CHE which produces heat NO light--- this would be used for winter or to boost surface basking temps in the tank which should be 105-110 for a baby and taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- if you need links for the UVBs please ask I will post them for you --- please post your own thread I thought I was posting to the original poster above Rhaynes01 -- so I dont get confused please start your own thread -- you want a solid clear bright white basking bulb example are Flukers basking ---- Exo Terra Intense -- or a Arcadia Halogen ------ we need to get your tank set up correctly for lighting you have a very young dragon and this all needs to be on par or he / she will get sick ---- all this is crucial --- the dome can stay on top of the screen but the UVB must be unobstructed meaning NO screen or in the tank

Laura818

Bearded Dragon Egg
I live in CT and it's getting cold. I bought a second CHE because I am not getting that 105-110 degrees needed now that temps have dropped in the house. I ordered the light fixture you recommended, including the bulb, which will be set up by Monday! I also ordered a digital probe thermometer. Thank you for being so helpful and I am thrilled to have found this forum.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I live in CT and it's getting cold. I bought a second CHE because I am not getting that 105-110 degrees needed now that temps have dropped in the house. I ordered the light fixture you recommended, including the bulb, which will be set up by Monday! I also ordered a digital probe thermometer. Thank you for being so helpful and I am thrilled to have found this forum.
Ok so you have a solid clear bright white basking bulb? The che will be fine raising the temps to what they need to be- your uvb should go in the tank or unobstructed for good uvb- rays 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - you want temps at night ambient 65-75

Latest posts