• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

120 gallon or 80 gallon enclosure ideas?

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
I am hoping to upgrade my bearded dragons tank to either an 80 gallon tank or 120 gallons, but so far the only thing that comes up is zen habitats .I did find them to be a little pricey for the material they use. and by watching review videos, they seem to be a little flimsy for $349. I did appreciate their great customer service when I was asking questions! Does anyone have any other enclousres that are affordable and durable? I am trying to avoid all-glass tanks because they are heavy and my beardie is very paranoid (as a male) when he sees his reflection.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am hoping to upgrade my bearded dragons tank to either an 80 gallon tank or 120 gallons, but so far the only thing that comes up is zen habitats .I did find them to be a little pricey for the material they use. and by watching review videos, they seem to be a little flimsy for $349. I did appreciate their great customer service when I was asking questions! Does anyone have any other enclousres that are affordable and durable? I am trying to avoid all-glass tanks because they are heavy and my beardie is very paranoid (as a male) when he sees his reflection.
https://carolinadesignerdragons.com/ these are all glass and I understand the heavy
I have not seen any of the last 3 I posted or heard of anyone getting one ---
I have 2 Zens and I love them I use the PVC ones --- just make sure you do not get anything lower for height 18 inches --- anything lower your going to have issues w/ heat and UVB placement optimal is a 24" height --- and floor space ---

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Personally as someone who has two bearded dragons in zen habitats, i'd say they are definitely worth the money and are pretty sturdy but definitely flimsy. They are nice because you don't have to worry about reflections, they have sliding doors, and so on. Just some reasons to balance the pros and cons. Good luck finding an enclosure!

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
https://carolinadesignerdragons.com/ these are all glass and I understand the heavy
I have not seen any of the last 3 I posted or heard of anyone getting one ---
I have 2 Zens and I love them I use the PVC ones --- just make sure you do not get anything lower for height 18 inches --- anything lower your going to have issues w/ heat and UVB placement optimal is a 24" height --- and floor space ---
The talking serpents one looked nice, But I think I am looking for a lighter color. I might go with Zen habitat It seems to be pretty universal when it comes to the price.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Zen habitats are my favorite, ive only bought one enclosure from them, but have had almost every enclosure out there ,if i ever get any other larger reptiles or pets they’ll be going into a zen, and flimsy? What are you doing to ur enclosures? Lol, i have 30lbs on top of mine, 60-80lbs worth of stuff inside of it, I haven’t noticed any bowing or warping…..

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I can’t remember if ive shown u mine or not , i think i have .-. , if not…i have at least 60lbs worth of crud inside my enclosure, and a very active beardy to boot..

Attachments

• 14E42E6F-C8D7-48B4-B011-36FE9B770079.jpeg
    14E42E6F-C8D7-48B4-B011-36FE9B770079.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 0E7338CA-E165-4017-9D8B-0EF1860DB403.jpeg
    0E7338CA-E165-4017-9D8B-0EF1860DB403.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 19
  • 7D5EBB6F-DE3B-4842-BCFF-73C0DF2F606F.jpeg
    7D5EBB6F-DE3B-4842-BCFF-73C0DF2F606F.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 17
  • 6B9CD7E4-31D4-4C9E-AD3D-932B8DB585E8.jpeg
    6B9CD7E4-31D4-4C9E-AD3D-932B8DB585E8.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 18

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Zen habitats are my favorite, ive only bought one enclosure from them, but have had almost every enclosure out there ,if i ever get any other larger reptiles or pets they’ll be going into a zen, and flimsy? What are you doing to ur enclosures? Lol, i have 30lbs on top of mine, 60-80lbs worth of stuff inside of it, I haven’t noticed any bowing or warping…..
my Beardie is quite destructive haha! That is good to hear. I was inspired by your enclosure idea to put some different texture for my Beardie!

Latest posts