• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

yung beardie

bananaguard

Bearded Dragon Egg
so about a month ago i got this hatchling beardie, overall she's pretty content but she seems to be cooped up in her enclosure because she scratches at the glass and looks at me like basically asking for me to take her out of there

i have brought her out before but she really does love to run around and is super small so i've kept it to a minimum

i wanna take her out again but like i said she's super small and i'm afraid that she'll get away very easily then i'll have to go on a hunt throughout my house for her

any tips on how to play with the little peeps?
IMG_6499.JPG

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!
I have a room that I've made escape proof, safe from eating anything, safe from getting stuck anywhere, I've also put a basking lamp above a rock pile that when Izzy gets cool she goes and warms up then off running around she goes again.. It's nice to be able to let them out to run around just make sure that they don't get too cool and if so put them back into the tank to warm back up.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You can play with her in her tank or if she is really small you can maybe let her run around in the bath tub to burn off some energy. I also have a couple of rooms in my house that don't have a lot of stuff on the floor and no vents to climb in so it's easy to find a little one in.

Michael persky

Hatchling Dragon
Is it safe for my beardie to run around floor in and on bed , I make sure there's some barrier so he doesnt fall off bed and doesn't run under door, still nervous cause he's kinda fast.

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Odin, my baby bearded dragon is super fast and still a little flighty. I've had him for a little over a month and I am veryosuke cautious when taking him out. Currently I live in a studio apartment and no where is "safe" but I let him out on the bed and let him run around. Always watching because he will and has jumped. It's just something they do. You need to be on guard at all times because I understand the whole if he gets away trying to find him will be impossible. When I get a home, I will be making a room like Hdrydr has. And let him run around til he's spent. But for now it's helicopter parenting until he gets a little bigger.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
"helicopter parenting" - I LIKE that! I have a 4 year old boy that likes to run and hide. just like a kid - take my eyes off him for 2 seconds and he's GONE. Spent 20 minutes looking for him yesterday. found him in my closet under the shoe rack. that was a first. I thought about putting his leash on him (bright blue) but worry about it getting caught on something and hurting him.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I saw someone recently bought a kitten collar with a bell and put that on their dragon so they could hear them running around!

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
Welcome to the forum!
I have a room that I've made escape proof, safe from eating anything, safe from getting stuck anywhere, I've also put a basking lamp above a rock pile that when Izzy gets cool she goes and warms up then off running around she goes again.. It's nice to be able to let them out to run around just make sure that they don't get too cool and if so put them back into the tank to warm back up.

I am planning to do this aswell, can you give some tips ? :) or show your room ? :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It was pretty easy we have a room that I used to keep a bird in... I just make sure nothing is on the carpet that they can eat..I make sure that they can't get behind anything in the room, or under anything like the closet door and the main door.. Then I put a basking light set up clipped to the futon bed armrest and that shines over a simple rock set up that when cold they can go and bask to warm up then off again to run around.
So really you just want to get down and look for any places that they might go, anything they may try and eat...kinda like baby proofing a room.. sometimes I'll vacuum the room before letting them run around.

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When Bayne was that tiny, I took him and a big thick blanket I had into the bathroom. I shoved a rolled up towel at the bottom of the door to make sure he couldn't squeeze under the door and spread out the blanket. I'd sit on the blanket and play on my phone while he ran around like crazy. I would play with him too but usually he just wanted to explore. Those were his little "adventures" lol. Now most of the time he's on my bed or hitching a ride on my shoulders.

Latest posts