• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Yoyo got a boo-boo

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
here's a pic of it. It's not very big or deep. I think he did it rubbing on the glass in his viv. Is there anything I need to do for it or will it heal on its own?

DSCF1465.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you can put some neosporin on it to make sure it doesnt get infected and just make sure it stays clean and you should be fine

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know this thread is about the injury and I hope it heals very fast but just had to say "Your baby has really beautiful orange colors"

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Poor Yoyo! I hope it heals fast. I would recommend neosporin too.

Keep us updated!

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
with the neosporin put it on at night right at lights out that way he doesnt lick it off or smear it off in his tank.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok.. i have a&d ointment would that work too or does it have to be neosporin?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A&d ointment is not a antibiotic cream like neosporin is. So, though the a&d would cover the wound it would not expediate the healing process.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You know, I'm not an expert, but I use A&D on my son's boo-boo's, as well as my own. There is something in it that seems to heal things faster. For example, when they were babies and would get the cuts on their faces from scratching themselves, we would put the A&D on it and in a couple of hours it looked better.

I recently burned my arm from the oven pretty bad; I put A&D on it and it seemed to heal real quick.

Now beardies skin is different than ours, but I like A&D on cuts and burns! And that is my 2 cents. ;)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
You know, I'm not an expert, but I use A&D on my son's boo-boo's, as well as my own. There is something in it that seems to heal things faster. For example, when they were babies and would get the cuts on their faces from scratching themselves, we would put the A&D on it and in a couple of hours it looked better.

I recently burned my arm from the oven pretty bad; I put A&D on it and it seemed to heal real quick.

Now beardies skin is different than ours, but I like A&D on cuts and burns! And that is my 2 cents. ;)

a&d is basically vaseline with vitamins A and D added to the mix while neosporin is vaseline with antibodies added to it. so yes a&d will help with burns (specifically due to the hydration effect from the vaseline) and the vitamins aid in healing the skin but the neosporin helps keep any infection out and helps repair the skin as well. Either one is a good use but neosporin is better for skin breaks on an animal IMO

Latest posts