• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about my bearded dragon

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you for your help another quick question ive got is I read that you shouldn't use sand in the tank what's the best thing to use and is the set up of his tank ok or do I need to change some stuff

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
As long as hes over 10inches he can be on sand but only washed and sifted childrens play sand should be used. Nothing from the pet store like calci sand or anything. and i think you said he was a coupke years old so he should be ok on sand

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
or if you dont want sand you can use slate tile or some kind thats not slippery. Or you can use reptile carpet that you should be able to get at any petstore. Or newspaper. Or paper towel.

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
I'll have a look at the pet carpet as that should keep him warm thank you

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
uploadfromtaptalk1392031697041.jpg

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
His beard isn't as black today and hes climbing up the glass so I think he wants to come out :D

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea you have nothing to worrie about there.

Use tile, newspaper, paper towel. I'd stay well away from sand as any kind can cause impaction.

Do u have a UVB bulb in your enclosure???

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
Ive only got one bulb in my tank do I need more than one as I just got the one the pet shop told me to get

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes you HAVE to have a UVB bulb. It's like there inside sun.

You need to get one ASAP.

Repti-sun 10.0 in the tube style. You'll also need a fixture for it and it either should span the whole length or half. And must be behind basking spot.

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
Ahh right I never knew that do you have any idea of what the bulb is ive got now I know its for dragons ive just always gone off what the person who I got him off told me

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
Have you got a picture of how they go on a tank so I know what I'm looking for

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
The side his light is on is 85 so I'm guessing it's because I've not got the other light that the temps not that high and hes got a heat mat on the basking side as well but its still only 85

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok. Changes need to be made I'm afraid.

The basking spot has to be 100 - 110.

Pleae get rid of the heating pad as they have no sensors on there belly to tell them to get off it. Which can lead to burning your dragon.

The UVB is basically the beardies sun and doesn't produce heat just rays to give them d3. And the bulbs needs to be changed once a year if you get the one I told you.

gemma

Hatchling Dragon
I'm going to order the light and fixtures this week the only place ive seen I can order them from is ebay and amazon

Latest posts