• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wood & beardie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibreathe4u

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Are there any types of wood that are poisonous to beardies?

We are using a branch from a tree in our beardies tank & I just want to make sure that it is safe for him. I know that they sell the wood pieces at the pet store but this one has several different offshoots which lets him go whichever way he is in the mood for.

Also, is there a way to tell if I have a boy or girl?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im pretty sure pine and cedar are toxic to beardies im not sure about other kinds

Blaise2oo6

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey, I've attached some pretty good pics (the ones that helped me) that show well, the way to determine the sex of your dragon. However; it is harder to tell when they are very young.

HUNTEQ

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I named my beardy Eragon when I first got her, hint it's boy's name, we didn't know hat she was until she layed eggs at about 9-11 months of age.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Most of the wood you buy in the stores is mopane. It is an African tree that is extremely dense and heat resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts